News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A nigger calls a referee a faggot

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2011, 03:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I support fining Kobe for inappropriate language.

Now how do we go about fining Marty for calling Kobe the n-word?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Rasputin

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2011, 07:19:30 AM
I'm just sick and tired of US blacks getting special treatment when it comes to "slur words" (with "nigger" being treated as a much worse slur than "faggot", "kike" or "paki") while themselves being one of the most homophobic ethnic groups living in the US.

I think American society has a pretty fucked up attitude there and refuses to call a spade a spade.

either a very clever politically incorrect pun or a blind squirrel stumbling across an acorn :hmm:
Who is John Galt?

garbon

Quote from: Rasputin on April 14, 2011, 12:06:16 PM
either a very clever politically incorrect pun or a blind squirrel stumbling across an acorn :hmm:

Cheap laugh fruit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Martinus: not rising above it since roughly 2001.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

dps

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2011, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2011, 07:18:06 AM
A $100k fine for that is ridiculous.  I'm no Kobe fan, but FFS he was just venting.

Nah a message needed to be sent.  Stuff like that screws with the image of the entire league.  A brand is worth millions and long after Kobe has retired.

Nobody pays to see refs referee.  The players should be free to subject them to any and all verbal abuse.

Slargos

Quote from: dps on April 14, 2011, 12:23:52 PM
A $100k fine for that is ridiculous.  I'm no Kobe fan, but FFS he was just venting.

Nah a message needed to be sent.  Stuff like that screws with the image of the entire league.  A brand is worth millions and long after Kobe has retired.

Nobody pays to see refs referee.  The players should be free to subject them to any and all verbal abuse.

Would it be fine to call a black ref nigger?

Valmy

Not abuse that makes the NBA look bad :P

If Kobe had not been caught publicly doing it nobody would have batted an eye.  Who he called a un-PC slur is completely irrelevent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Slargos on April 14, 2011, 12:31:41 PM

No, it would be bigotted, assine behaviour.  But the league shouldn't fine a player for it.

Valmy

Quote from: dps on April 14, 2011, 01:05:03 PM
No, it would be bigotted, assine behaviour.  But the league shouldn't fine a player for it.

Again the NBA does not want to be known as a bigoted league.  They have a brand to protect and sponsors to please and Kobe should realize he is representing all of that.  It may not be fair but it is not about fairness it is business.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: dps on April 14, 2011, 01:05:03 PM

People pay to see stars get slapped down by the refs when they act like spoiled douchebags. Why deprive the fans of that kind of fun?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2011, 01:10:36 PM
People pay to see stars get slapped down by the refs when they act like spoiled douchebags. Why deprive the fans of that kind of fun?

I know I do Berkut :hug:

dps

Refs need to be kept in their place.  Berkut's uppity enough as it is.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Zeus

On Comedy Central it would be.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.