News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A nigger calls a referee a faggot

Started by Martinus, April 14, 2011, 03:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

A $100k fine for that is ridiculous.  I'm no Kobe fan, but FFS he was just venting.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

I'm just sick and tired of US blacks getting special treatment when it comes to "slur words" (with "nigger" being treated as a much worse slur than "faggot", "kike" or "paki") while themselves being one of the most homophobic ethnic groups living in the US.

I think American society has a pretty fucked up attitude there and refuses to call a spade a spade.

Ed Anger

Speaking of words, I've become tired of channels bleeping 'faggot' while dropping the n-bomb. I'm looking at you Comedy Central.

Chapelle Show drops nigger at 8pm? fine.

Lisa Lampanelli's stand up at 10pm with faggot censored? Fuck you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2011, 07:18:06 AM
A $100k fine for that is ridiculous.  I'm no Kobe fan, but FFS he was just venting.

Would you find a fine like this ridiculous too if someone called Kobe a nigger?

Berkut

If that ref called Kobe a nigger, he would not be fined - he would be fired.

And they would be right to do so.

But this is the NBA, the stars get to do whatever they like.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2011, 07:19:30 AM
I'm just sick and tired of US blacks getting special treatment when it comes to "slur words" (with "nigger" being treated as a much worse slur than "faggot", "kike" or "paki") while themselves being one of the most homophobic ethnic groups living in the US.

I think American society has a pretty fucked up attitude there and refuses to call a spade a spade.

:rolleyes:

Okay, fag.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

WTH, faggot isn't at all like Nigger.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 08:01:22 AM
Indeed.  For one thing, it's socially acceptable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2011, 08:32:51 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 08:01:22 AM
Indeed.  For one thing, it's socially acceptable.

It also has non-hateful meanings.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

WTF dude he got fined 100,000 dollars.  How is that special treatment?  Everybody is ripping the guy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2011, 07:18:06 AM

Nah a message needed to be sent.  Stuff like that screws with the image of the entire league.  A brand is worth millions and long after Kobe has retired.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2011, 08:49:05 AM

WTF dude he got fined 100,000 dollars.  How is that special treatment?  Everybody is ripping the guy.

It is Marty. The fact that such an event happened in America makes us all complicit.