News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Online Dating ?

Started by jamesww, April 14, 2011, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I found it useful to keep my confidence up while seeking women in other ways.  Knowing I had a few dates lined up made it easier to approach women for some reason.

I did not really notice the ones I met online were that inferior to the ones I met elsewhere though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 14, 2011, 02:07:02 PM
Apparently you have to post lots and lots of pics of you rock climbing, sailing or offpisting. At least that's what people do in Sweden.
Same in US.  I wonder if anyone ever spends any time at home, every single chick seems to just LOVE traveling.  :rolleyes:

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2011, 02:09:28 PM
Same in US.  I wonder if anyone ever spends any time at home, every single chick seems to just LOVE traveling.  :rolleyes:

Don't forget the 463 essential prerequisites you must fulfill before even thinking about contacting them.  ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

I don't have a problem with them. I'm 8 ft tall and make 3 million a week.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2011, 02:09:28 PM
Apparently you have to post lots and lots of pics of you rock climbing, sailing or offpisting. At least that's what people do in Sweden.

People take less photographs when they're sitting around at home.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 01:40:07 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2011, 01:30:55 PM
Average means fat? :unsure:

Disagree with it being good for the shy, much harder to send a message to someone online than to just open your gob in reality.

Dude, it's America.

You should. Try cougarsonline.com. It's an hoot.

That url doesn't work.  meetlocalcougars.com does, however.

BIOINICWOMAN1: do not want. :Embarrass:

Besides, you don't need the Internet to find old women to fuck.  That's easy.  Even I find that easy.

Edit: easy does not mean without value, of course.

I remembered it's cougarlife.com
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Camerus

I haven't used it in years, but during the couple years when I was using it, I probably ended up meeting like 30-40 girls.

The biggest problem was finding out whether you actually would have any chemistry in real life and not just in emails.  Most dates ended up sucking, and not in the good way.

Mostly it is just a way to combat boredom and get off your ass and do shit during lean times.

Valmy

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on April 14, 2011, 03:15:59 PM
I haven't used it in years, but during the couple years when I was using it, I probably ended up meeting like 30-40 girls.

The biggest problem was finding out whether you actually would have any chemistry in real life and not just in emails.  Most dates ended up sucking, and not in the good way.

Mostly it is just a way to combat boredom and get off your ass and do shit during lean times.

Yes.  Do not waste time having an e-relationship.  You want to say hi and meet IRL ASAP if you are interested.  But yeah mostly that last part though it just so happens I met my wife online.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I think pretty much all the guys I dated/had sex with I met on online dating sites (one case was a "misconnection" type of thing so not sure if it counts). Make of this what you will.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2011, 03:25:55 PM

Yes.  Do not waste time having an e-relationship.  You want to say hi and meet IRL ASAP if you are interested.  But yeah mostly that last part though it just so happens I met my wife online.

Agreed with that. Some of the worst cases of disappointments come from stoking the fires too much before you first meet.

Malthus

Here's a watershed moment (sits back in rocking chair, puffs pipe): I remember a time, and not so long ago, when people would have been amazed by that; and then I remember a time, shortly after, when they would be ashamed to admit that.

Now, it is simply and boringly normal and unremarkable in any way.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2011, 01:16:45 PM
I wouldn't call it "dating" but it is pretty much a given among city dwelling gays.

Yeah, I think it's quite a different dynamics for us. If you don't feel like hooking up in gay bars (I don't), and are not really into obvious queens, then trying to find dates in real life would be too much of hit and miss.

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on April 14, 2011, 03:35:31 PM

Here's a watershed moment (sits back in rocking chair, puffs pipe): I remember a time, and not so long ago, when people would have been amazed by that; and then I remember a time, shortly after, when they would be ashamed to admit that.

Now, it is simply and boringly normal and unremarkable in any way.

Yeah. Online dating has its own pitfalls and advantages that make it quiet different (but neither better nor worse) than "analog" dating.

In fact both can be summed up with a single word: Choice. And the illusion of it.

Martinus

In Poland, at least on gay sites, it's "me standing next to a palm" type of thing.

Martinus

Anyway, I heard that on US gay sites, you have to now post at least four pics, including face, full body and a nude (not necessarily with face), or you get ignored. garbose, true or false?