News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sugar is poison

Started by DGuller, April 13, 2011, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 06:38:30 PM
I drink roughly 4.2 liters of soda every day.  Diet, though.

Good God man, where did you grow up.

Oh ya, never mind.

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 07:17:51 PM

Oh ya, never mind.

First World country?

:P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 07:19:59 PM

Oh ya, never mind.

First World country?

I always thought a first world country was characterized by affluence.  One aspect of affluence is the ability to purchase at least basic food needs.  If you grew up in such a country it is a shame you no longer live there.

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 07:22:14 PM

Oh ya, never mind.

First World country?

I always thought a first world country was characterized by affluence.  One aspect of affluence is the ability to purchase at least basic food needs.  If you grew up in such a country it is a shame you no longer live there.

Soda is a basic food need. :grr:

In seriousness, I expect one reason it seems like such a large amount is because I don't drink coffee, and drink soda instead.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Strix

I think the whole "soda issue" is over rated. As a kid, I drank a ton of sugary kool-aid. It's what all parents seemed to give their kids around where I lived. When I hit my teens than it was more soda than kool-aid. Regardless, candy was real cheap back in the late 70's and early 80's, so kids could get a ton of sugary nirvana for only a couple quarters.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 07:22:14 PM

Oh ya, never mind.

First World country?

Soda is a basic food need. :grr:

In seriousness, I expect one reason it seems like such a large amount is because I don't drink coffee, and drink soda instead.

I sure as hell don't drink 4.2L of coffee. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2011, 05:35:55 PM
I dont think there was such a thing as a 2 litre bottle of any pop when I was a kid.

Pepsi introduced the 2-litre bottle in 1970.  Don't know when it made it to Canada, but I would assume pretty much the same time.

Camerus

I drank non-diet soda a LOT as a teenager and was always as skinny as a rail.  Probably because I otherwise ate well and in reasonable portions, and also got a normal amount of exercise .    ;)

Grey Fox

I drink 710ml of Pepsi everyday. That's actually down form my previous intake by a significant margin.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on April 14, 2011, 04:58:07 PM
I'm sure you're right, dps, but that kind of reasoning has been made utterly worthless since all I can think about when I hear it is a wrinkly old prune with his face full of liver spots, shaking his cane at the world.  :P

The sad part is when that wrinkly old prune is in better shape than the average teen.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 07:18:07 AM
I drink 710ml of Pepsi everyday. That's actually down form my previous intake by a significant margin.
That's a very precise amount  :huh:

Brazen

I couldn't drink that much of anything in a day. It must feel like being waterboarded. Expensive too.

Barrister

Quote from: Brazen on April 15, 2011, 08:57:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 15, 2011, 07:18:07 AM
That's a very precise amount  :huh:

2 x 355ml cans I presume.

I rarely drink pop.  Lost my sweet tooth several years ago I think.  Little interest in sweets in general.

HVC

Quote from: Strix on April 14, 2011, 10:02:06 PM
I think the whole "soda issue" is over rated. As a kid, I drank a ton of sugary kool-aid. It's what all parents seemed to give their kids around where I lived. When I hit my teens than it was more soda than kool-aid. Regardless, candy was real cheap back in the late 70's and early 80's, so kids could get a ton of sugary nirvana for only a couple quarters.
ya, but you used to get cane sugar. Kids these days get corn syrup. not sure how or why, but apparently it worse.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on April 15, 2011, 09:34:49 AM
Quote from: Strix on April 14, 2011, 10:02:06 PM
ya, but you used to get cane sugar. Kids these days get corn syrup. not sure how or why, but apparently it worse.

Back in the day we actually got lots of beet sugar in Canada.

Apparently now with import restrictions lifted we now get mostly cane sugar in this country.

:Canuck: