Tell Us One Weird, Odd or Strange Fact About Yourself ?

Started by jamesww, April 13, 2011, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Rasputin on April 14, 2011, 12:08:23 PM
chicks dig me

Sorry to hear that.
Perhaps if you behaved more gallantly, they wouldn't keep coming after you with a shovel.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on April 13, 2011, 09:13:05 PM
I have a very big cock.

Didn't realize they let you keep farm animals on a military base.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

I took an online Jeopardy tryout test years ago.  You need to get 35 right out of 50, and I was 28 correct answers short of that target.  :blush:

jamesww

Quote from: DGuller on April 14, 2011, 05:46:24 PM
I took an online Jeopardy tryout test years ago.  You need to get 35 right out of 50, and I was 28 correct answers short of that target.  :blush:

How is you being stupid a "Weird, Odd or Strange Fact About Yourself" ?

:P

Razgovory

Quote from: jamesww on April 14, 2011, 05:49:46 PM

How is you being stupid a "Weird, Odd or Strange Fact About Yourself" ?

:P

Hey, I got to put my teachers thinking I was retarded in.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

I bet you epically failed on the pop culture questions. 

DGuller

Quote from: citizen k on April 14, 2011, 05:52:00 PM

Is there such a thing as "especially failed" when you get 7 out of 50 correct?

Ideologue

Quote from: citizen k on April 14, 2011, 05:52:00 PM

I tried to get on college Jeop once and the sports questions just nailed me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Minsky Moment

I used to be involved in the Federalist Society, in a pretty significant way.

I still retain a certain fondness for Leo Strauss.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 06:05:52 PM
:o

Turns out it can be treated with standard antibiotics.
I think that's why the right is so opposed to making health care more available.
--Joan Robinson

Ideologue

I was interested in the Federalist Society, before I found out it didn't exist to teach people how to be more like Alexander Hamilton. :(
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jamesww on April 13, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
So a quick check of my bike journey records ( :nerd: ) reveal this odd fact about myself, previous to the bus journey I hadn't been inside or used any form of motor vehicle for ......   291 days.   :huh:

What do you do when it's raining?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jamesww

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2011, 06:33:26 PM
Quote from: jamesww on April 13, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
So a quick check of my bike journey records ( :nerd: ) reveal this odd fact about myself, previous to the bus journey I hadn't been inside or used any form of motor vehicle for ......   291 days.   :huh:

What do you do when it's raining?

It doesn't rain that often, though yesterday I got wet, it's not a problem, the right gear and a warm house to go home offer a nice solution.