Hot pink-toenailed boy in J. Crew ad sparks controversy

Started by garbon, April 13, 2011, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2011, 04:32:24 PM
Your naivete is cute. Fortunately, I can spot pedophile agenda even if hidden.
I would imagine you can, Mr. NAMBLA.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

In my mam's class at school there's a little boy obsessed with princesses, is always dressing up and says when he's older he wants to live in a castle so he can be one. Normal working class kid with regular parents there. Some kids are just like that.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2011, 07:39:23 PM
In my mam's class at school there's a little boy obsessed with princesses, is always dressing up and says when he's older he wants to live in a castle so he can be one. Normal working class kid with regular parents there. Some kids are just like that.

Yeah how dare he have other preferences! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on April 13, 2011, 07:39:23 PM

Sure.  But it's rare, is it not?  And given that this gal apparently really wanted a boy who likes hot pink, it just seems like too much of a coincidence.

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 08:37:55 PM

His parents need to take corrective action.  We have established gender roles for good reason, and they need to be gently reinforced  :bash:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2011, 09:32:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 08:37:55 PM

His parents need to take corrective action.  We have established gender roles for good reason, and they need to be gently reinforced  :bash:

This is the 21st century. Die already, troglodyte. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

The nail polish will wash off. He'll be named Beckett forever.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 04:36:32 PM
I used to paint my toenails as a child along with my sisters. Always felt a bit embarrassed though when I'd go in for a physical.
And you turned out all right. :contract:

CountDeMoney

Martinus hates the concept of hot pink toenail polish on this kid.  Leaves an aftertaste.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on April 13, 2011, 10:05:16 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 04:36:32 PM
I used to paint my toenails as a child along with my sisters. Always felt a bit embarrassed though when I'd go in for a physical.
And you turned out all right. :contract:

Sure enough. Even with that bit of downturn in my mental health, I probably have a nicer life than many in America, let alone the world.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2011, 10:06:26 PM
Martinus hates the concept of hot pink toenail polish on this kid.  Leaves an aftertaste.
:pinch: :pinch: :pinch:  :lmfao:

garbon

:lol:

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 04:09:58 PM
"Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who'll be affected by your 'innocent' pleasure," Dr. Keith Ablow wrote in a Fox News op-ed. "If you have no problem with the J. Crew ad, how about one in which a little boy models a sundress? What could possibly be the problem with that?"

We are all going to suffer for this?  What a fucking double standard.  Nobody flips out when little girls do boy things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Going on a slight tangent, did any of you guys catch any of the brouhaha about the lactating doll?

QuoteParents' fury as 'totally inappropriate' breastfeeding doll for young girls goes on sale in the U.S.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1370930/Parents-fury-totally-inappropriate-breastfeeding-doll-young-girls-goes-sale-U-S.html

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2011, 11:15:50 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 04:09:58 PM
"Yeah, well, it may be fun and games now, Jenna, but at least put some money aside for psychotherapy for the kid—and maybe a little for others who'll be affected by your 'innocent' pleasure," Dr. Keith Ablow wrote in a Fox News op-ed. "If you have no problem with the J. Crew ad, how about one in which a little boy models a sundress? What could possibly be the problem with that?"

We are all going to suffer for this?  What a fucking double standard.  Nobody flips out when little girls do boy things.
unless the literally do little boy things, and then people freak out and there are articles about the sexualization of children :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.