News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

H.M. The King's Royal Guard

Started by Viking, April 13, 2011, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on April 13, 2011, 04:18:44 PM
Norgy's excuses ring hollow. Having Guards soldiers hide under their beds during a call to arms is fucking embarrassing.  :D

I'd rather have a handful of Norwegian merchant marines.  Get 'em a bit liquored up, and they can take on anybody.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2011, 06:01:35 AM
Norgy's excuses ring hollow. Having Guards soldiers hide under their beds during a call to arms is fucking embarrassing.  :D

I'd rather have a handful of Norwegian merchant marines.  Get 'em a bit liquored up, and they can take on anybody.

There are no more Norwegian merchant marines. The only thing Norwegian about the Norwegian merchant fleet today is the location of the summer home that the owners can only spend 90 days a year in for tax reasons.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

The one directly facing your King(?) is quite pretty.  They should ditch the silly round hats though - I'm sure it doesn't help morale.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Brazen

Aren't these the lot that have a Scottish penguin as their commander?

Razgovory

Is this the unit that has a penguin as a colonel?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Brazen on April 14, 2011, 09:39:14 AM
Aren't these the lot that have a Scottish penguin as their commander?

Damn, you beat me to it!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 13, 2011, 06:01:10 PM
WTF.  I would think that at that age you'd be going on pure adrenaline & ready for a fight if you thought the shit was hitting the fan.  Those cowards need to be purged from the ranks-- whatever their functional day-to-day role is, they're soldiers & should be expected to act as such.

Well I would think even cowards could find the courage to show up for a drill :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on April 14, 2011, 09:31:17 AM
The one directly facing your King(?) is quite pretty.  They should ditch the silly round hats though - I'm sure it doesn't help morale.

G.

All ceremonial units have silly hats.
I thought silly hats were ghey?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tonitrus

I'd rather have a Norwegian Bik...wait...does Norway have a Bikini Team, or only Sweden?

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 14, 2011, 07:32:08 PM

I'd rather have a Norwegian Bik...wait...does Norway have a Bikini Team, or only Sweden?

Sorry, only Sweden.

Razgovory

The Silly hats look like those ones for the elite Italian units.  That's not a good sign.