News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Nazi demo in my town blocked

Started by syk, April 14, 2009, 02:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syk

Every year the silly fascist fucks try to do their marches through my town. First step is announcing the demo, city forbids it, nazis sue against the decision and then the story goes on until some court finally decides that nazis have rights as well and they can demonstrate as long as public order is ensured. Usually the police successfully blocks off counter-demonstrations involving all factions on the city council, churches, unions, whathaveya down to the Antifa. 60 groups altogether. The about 150 Nazis are then guided through town by heavy police forces from all over Lower Saxony. Police certainly tries to separate Nazis and Antifa to prevent riot scenes, while the counter-demos (~2500 people in 2009) take place elsewhere.

Now this year a group of 167 people managed to form a sit-in blockade on a bridge the nazis planned for their route. Police tried to carry the blockaders away but gave up to go for the lesser evil and offer the fascist mob a new route.

The nazis were completely unamused and it didn't take long until the right mobsters showed their true faces and started attacking policemen. Meanwhile one of the leading figures of the scene (Christian Worch) started his very own sit-in threatening law-suits.

So now there was a reason for the police to do what they do best: they ended the Aufmarsch and conviced the brown horde to go home.

May not be the best day for democracy but the good won over the bad & ugly.  :cool:

http://www.landeszeitung.de/nc/lokales/video/album/galerie/video-2-tausende-gegen-rechts-in-lueneburg/media/tausende-gegen-rechts-in-lueneburg/nummer/0/ (link contains a video)

Syt

Where are you in the pictures?

I'm reading a WW3 novel where the Soviets obliterate Lüneburg for shock value. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

syk

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2009, 02:06:56 PM
Where are you in the pictures?

I'm reading a WW3 novel where the Soviets obliterate Lüneburg for shock value. :)
I'm not in the pictures :P

That would suck a lot. Town was only bombed once in WW2, the train station was hit. Only train there was a concentration camp transport from the East en route to Bergen-Belsen.  :(

Syt

Quote from: syk on April 14, 2009, 02:11:51 PM
That would suck a lot. Town was only bombed once in WW2, the train station was hit. Only train there was a concentration camp transport from the East en route to Bergen-Belsen.  :(

In the book they have already staged the destruction and filmed it, and plan to release the film as threat what happens if the Germans (or in that case the Dutch) put up fight, while leaving other towns where there's little resistance intact.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

Quote from: syk on April 14, 2009, 02:03:06 PMMay not be the best day for democracy but the good won over the bad & ugly.  :cool:

Have to disagree on this point.  I think that actions like this--letting the fascists and other radical types make fools of themselves--is one of the best ways to preserve democracy.  That you have so many other people coming out in counter-marches is a good sign.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quer? Ironic since many leading Nazis were gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

I agree with Habbaku, the net result seems to be acceptable.

Caliga

Good job.  Freedom of speech SHALL NOT STAND.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

I couldn't be arsed to counter-demonstrate a demonstration. Especially one as fringe and kooky as that. Let 'em march by while everyone ignores them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

syk

The protests against the nazi marches go through all walks of life. In summer 2007 a few busloads of nazis showed up in town to march spontaneously after they were blocked off similarly in another town. The local police forces were mostly needed at the original march that day. Mr mayor aquired some fame then for showing up only with the police chief at his side and going like "GTFO of my town". Unfortunately the police chief got hurt.

Scene in question is on the placard in the background.

Neil

Are these real Nazis (Heil Hitler), or 'nazis' who would be called 'Tories' in the Anglosphere or 'Republicans' in the US (George Bush isn't a war criminal)?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2009, 02:47:24 PM
Are these real Nazis (Heil Hitler), or 'nazis' who would be called 'Tories' in the Anglosphere or 'Republicans' in the US (George Bush isn't a war criminal)?

—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

syk

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2009, 02:47:24 PM
The complete absence of a haircut could be a hint. Also the reaction of the locals:

Richard Hakluyt

The guy is wearing a RED jacket, of course it isn't syt  :contract: