And we're back!

Main Menu

Victory for feminism - The wage gap is closed

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 12, 2011, 01:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2011, 10:18:30 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 13, 2011, 10:10:03 AM
The same goes for women in general and taking measurements. Typically our female hires were problems from day one until they quit because 4 times out of 5, they simply couldn't take reliable measurements and consider three dimensions.

:blink:

Oh, come off it.

"Waah you can't talk that way, it's offensive!"

Well, fuck you. They took wrong measurements, didn't consider objects that would hinder, you know, opening drawers and doors and cost a fucking fortune in replacement products and extra trips for the carpenters. One out of five I worked with could actually do the job, and another sold so well that the added cost was worth it, but the other three were completely and utterly useless.

Now, to be fair, this could be said about a lot of the men hired as well, but at least typically they were able read the scale of a folding ruler.

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on April 13, 2011, 10:48:44 AM
Oh, come off it.

Well, fuck you. They took wrong measurements, didn't consider objects that would hinder, you know, opening drawers and doors and cost a fucking fortune in replacement products and extra trips for the carpenters. One out of five I worked with could actually do the job, and another sold so well that the added cost was worth it, but the other three were completely and utterly useless.

Now, to be fair, this could be said about a lot of the men hired as well, but at least typically they were able read the scale of a folding ruler.

I just find it hard to believe that that is so very difficult it is the reason for 4 of 5 people had to quit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2011, 10:50:51 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 13, 2011, 10:48:44 AM
Oh, come off it.

I just find it hard to believe that that is so very difficult it is the reason for 4 of 5 people had to quit.

All 5 of them quit or got fired within 2 years and in all 5 cases it was some variation on not being able to actually do the job. The two who could actually function eventually quit over the stress, and the three who were completely useless were fired within 6 months. Maybe we just got unlucky with them, but I don't think it's too controversial to note that women typically have a poorer spatial sense than men and will generally have a harder time with this kind of job not only because of the physical and mental stress but also because of the difficulty of performing the technical functions.

Sales is well paid for a reason.

Malthus

It takes a real man - wearing a pink shirt - to sell kitchen appliances.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

:lol:

I buy all of my appliances from Charlie Wilson of Charlie Wilson's Dixie Appliance. :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2011, 11:38:05 AM

You're never going to let that go, huh?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2011, 11:57:50 AM
:lol:

I buy all of my appliances from Charlie Wilson of Charlie Wilson's Dixie Appliance. :alberta:

I wondered what he did after he retired from Congress.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Sometimes scantily clad women who can't measure can't make the sale. Namely to gay men. That's where Slargos and his pink shirt comes in ;) :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on April 13, 2011, 12:42:17 PM

You're never going to let that go, huh?  :P

This is Languish. No one ever lets anything go.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2011, 01:29:10 PM

I've washed my hands of you and your son.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 01:31:00 PM

ah, looks like you just dirtied them again :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on April 13, 2011, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2011, 01:31:00 PM

Meh?

I would up the ante and jump on that grenade by adding something really crassly anti-semitic about your kid, but even I have barriers I won't cross.  :hmm:

garbon