News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gays to blame for the fall of Rome

Started by viper37, April 12, 2011, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Article

"The collapse of the Roman Empire and the arrival of the Barbarians  was due to the spread of homosexuality," the Daily Mail quoted the  vice-president of Italy's prestigious Centre for National Research as  saying in a radio interview.
"The Roman colony of Carthage was a  paradise for homosexuals and they infected many others. The invasion of  the Barbarians was seen as punishment for this moral transgression." It  is well-known that effeminate men and homosexuals have no place in the  kingdom of God, he said. "Homosexuality was not rife among the  Barbarians and this shows God's justice throughout history," De Mattei  stated.
Even Neil could not have tought of this.  :P

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

sooo.... since Carthage was where the vandals stopped.. now if Aachen or Köln had been as attractive as Carthage maybe they would have stopped there.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

We have to be careful though. Sometimes the obvious answer isn't the correct one.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

I blame handing power over to outsiders which couldn't reach the top of the tree. Alaric basically rampaged through italy sacking rome because they wouldn't make him a Dux or Magistrii Militium (sp?).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

Wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that absurd association. It's still just as BS as it ever was. I suppose we'll not be giving gays the credit for the rise of Greece though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on April 12, 2011, 10:26:14 AM
i blame wealth and christianity.

I blame plague, economic collapse, and constant war.

Wait wealth?  By the last two hundred years inflation was so bad the taxes were collected directly in goods and services.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Anyway gayness of the Roman variety (penetrating slaves and boys) was so universal during the entire history of the Republic/Empire I find this assertion: total fail.  If anything homoness went down at the end.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Warspite

Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2011, 11:07:00 AM
If anything homoness went down at the end.

So what you're saying is that Rome fell because it wasn't gay enough? :hmm:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote from: Warspite on April 12, 2011, 12:00:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 12, 2011, 11:07:00 AM
If anything homoness went down at the end.

So what you're saying is that Rome fell because it wasn't gay enough? :hmm:

:lol:

Quite possibly :hmm:

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 12, 2011, 10:29:56 AM
We have to be careful though. Sometimes the obvious answer isn't the correct one.
:lol:

Josquius

The barbarians sure took their damn time if they were sent to stamp out the gayness in Rome.
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Rome fell as punishment for their poor relations with jews.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jamesww

Quote from: Siege on April 13, 2011, 07:12:05 PM
Rome fell as punishment for their poor relations with jews.

Jews were upset the Romans weren't buggering them enough ? :unsure:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.