News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Advice sought: Empire Total War Mods

Started by Norgy, April 10, 2011, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Does any member of this esteemed community of wargaming librarytarians have experience with mods for E:TW?

I think the map, while nice to look at, could do with some more provinces and since Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum and more really added to experience of previous TW versions, I thought even this Steam-infested game might have some decent ones. The Total War Centre confuses me.

Ape

Quote from: Norgy on April 10, 2011, 02:08:12 PM
Does any member of this esteemed community of wargaming librarytarians have experience with mods for E:TW?

I think the map, while nice to look at, could do with some more provinces and since Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum and more really added to experience of previous TW versions, I thought even this Steam-infested game might have some decent ones. The Total War Centre confuses me.
ETW was/is very mod-hostile, afaik there are no mods that has been able to change the map in any way. Most of them have just some changed artwork of units, though some of them have modified the gameplay, but not in any revolutionary way such as SS or EB did.

Razgovory

I played the Darth Mod for a while.  It was suppose to improve the AI.  I don't know if it did though.  I did notice that the Poland had something like 30 Bishops running around on the campaign map.  Slowed everything down.  I think the AI stilled used the tried and true tactic of "everyone bunch up in a ball and run at the center of the enemy line".  That's better then the tactics of previous patches which involved mostly standing a field and being shot in the back while looking at the sky.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017