News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sid Meier's Gettysburg

Started by Razgovory, April 05, 2011, 03:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I got a hankering to Kill some Rebs, and this use to be my favorite game to do it in.  Unfortunately I have long lost the CD to it.  Anyone know if someone sell the game through a Direct Download or something.  Amazon is selling it for 70 bucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

That was a good game.  I don't think it is worth 70 bucks for it.  If I find it I'll give it to you.
PDH!

Viking

Maybe it's abandonware by now?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on April 05, 2011, 04:46:36 PM
Maybe it's abandonware by now?

I doubt it.  I may dig through my basement to see if I can find it.  I'd really rather not steal it.  I guess I could try those civil war games by Paradox.  They are supposed to be similar, but I had trouble with the demo.  I dislike pirating, for one on principle and two because I never get Warez to work right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

I wonder if the game's files are too big to upload to Dropbox...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I realized that my basement is far to messy to find anything specific in it.  I did find a few old games.  Fallout 2 and something I think was a PC game at one time.  It only had half the CD and most the words were illegible.  I did make out the words "best selling".

Habbaku

Raz, PM me an e-mail address and download Dropbox and I'll share the Gettysburg files with you.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I am downloading Dropbox.  What is Dropbox?

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2011, 10:02:26 PM

You've broken the first rule. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I think I sent, Habu my Email address.  Languish didn't want me to send it so it took a while.

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2011, 10:04:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2011, 10:02:26 PM

You've broken the first rule. :(

Put it on my tab.  I'll probably break a lot of things while I'm here.

Habbaku

Sent, Raz.  You should be able to download it now.  Just have to decompress the file with winzip, winrar, 7zip, etc. and go from there.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on April 05, 2011, 11:48:33 PM
Sent, Raz.  You should be able to download it now.  Just have to decompress the file with winzip, winrar, 7zip, etc. and go from there.

Thanks!  I don't feel bad because I actually purchased this game back in the 1990's.  I never really was interested in the American civil war till I played this game.

Razgovory

Hmm, when trying to restore the sound I ended up downloading a virus. <_<