News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"More Weight".

Started by Zeus, April 05, 2011, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeus

I was in class today and I heard the famous last words of Giles Corey, he was crushed
to death during the Salem Witch Trials. Just wondering if you guys have heard or read any good ones.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Eddie Teach

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this... arrrgh". Think it's apocryphal though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

That wall paper goes, or I do!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2011, 03:18:32 PM
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this... arrrgh". Think it's apocryphal though.

That was Sedgwick right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2011, 03:39:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2011, 03:18:32 PM

That was Sedgwick right?

Yep.
He actually finished his sentence ("They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.") and was shot seconds later, after saying "All right, my man; go to your place" to a soldier who was ducking.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zeus

Humerous last words are also more than welcome.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

DGuller

"Oh, shit!" - multiple sources.

DGuller

"Roger, go at throttle up."

Savonarola

Quote from: Zeus on April 05, 2011, 04:03:04 PM
Humerous last words are also more than welcome.

Oh my funny bone!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 05, 2011, 03:56:41 PM
He actually finished his sentence ("They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.") and was shot seconds later, after saying "All right, my man; go to your place" to a soldier who was ducking.
:yes:

I always liked Kit Carson's last words:
"I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili." :punk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sahib

"I think I'm becoming a god"  :)
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2011, 04:08:34 PM
"Oh, shit!" - multiple sources.

Also,
"What the hell is that?"
and
"Hey, hold my beer and watch this!"
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

"I never should have switched from Scotch to Martinis."

Malthus

Quote from: Sahib on April 05, 2011, 04:52:32 PM
"I think I'm becoming a god"  :)

The Emperor Claudius, right?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

"Now is not the time to start making enemies"