News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Great action.  It may just be the immediate adrenaline speaking, but that episode had me the most pumped of the entire series.

Sophie Scholl

No season ends this happy.  I'm expecting some named deaths on the "good" side next week.  Missandei, Grey Worm, Davos, Tormund.  Someone or someones are going to even the scales.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi

Martinus

Great, so Polish HBO GO cocked up something and first uploaded episode 9 with video of episode 5 and now took it off completely. So I can't watch it before work.  <_<

Jaron

I wouldn't call the episode squeaky clan.

I'd be okay with a bit of a break in Westeros if they'd hammer down on Daenerys a bit. She's had a very easy ride.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grallon

Pity for Rickon.

Good points for the hounds' feast.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Zoupa

Why exactly is Daenerys letting the city burn for a couple of hours before acting?

The writing is pretty stupid sometimes.

Habbaku

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 19, 2016, 11:18:13 PM
No season ends this happy.  I'm expecting some named deaths on the "good" side next week.  Missandei, Grey Worm, Davos, Tormund.  Someone or someones are going to even the scales.

I think a lot of baddies are going to drop this season to weigh the scales the other way.  We still have a certain group of birds waiting to stab 1-2 people while another group of birds is, I think, going to explode under Cersei's direction.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

I hope cersei blows up kings landing

Admiral Yi

Martinus

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zoupa on June 20, 2016, 12:11:45 AM
Why exactly is Daenerys letting the city burn for a couple of hours before acting?

Yeah, It was a very awkward way to give a pretext for the imps speech.  And then we see Dany fully transformed into the good queen again when she acquires her fleet.

We went from the war of the Kings to the collaboration of the Queens.  Now we just have to see whether Sansa plays along when Dany returns.  And what is going to happen with Jon and backstory of who his mother really is.  Is it going to be as corny as Jon and Dany getting married and together facing the Others?

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on June 20, 2016, 12:11:45 AM

deploy the troops, free the dragons, plan a counter attack, make sure everyone understands their part.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Good episode in over all plot progression, but I am still consistently disappointed in the weakness of the writing in the details.

So much of it is so trite and predictable.

Sansa tells Jon "Don't play into Ramsey's plans! He will lay the trap!"

And what happens? Jon does exactly that, of course. Ramsey basically, in every reasonable way, outthinks, out-fights, out-smarts Jon....and we have the deus ex machina "solution" come riding to the rescue at the nick of time. Jon wins despite working really, really, REALLY fucking hard to hand the battle to Ramsay.

Another thing - the idea that someone is going to shoot a fleeing man with an arrow at any kind of range? Stupid. Not possible. Fuck Rickon, run in anything other than a perfectly straight line and the shot becomes basically impossible.

And where in gods name did the giant mounds of dead bodies come from? WTF was that?

The actual visual of the Knights of the Vale crashing into the lines was awesome however.

And the Masters are the opposite of Westeros villains. Just complete imbeciles in every way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned