News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

After all, the only thing you need to do to escape the white walkers and the night king is to sail across the narrow sea.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Larch

The Larch

Apparently the last episode of the season is going to be 70 minutes long.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on June 09, 2016, 11:44:24 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 09, 2016, 08:59:11 AM
It doesn't matter, Dany is coming.

This is so predictable. If GRRM really wants to twist, he would kill her and have her army be destroyed by the alliance between all the free cities and leave westeros to face the white walkers by themselves.

Wouldn't that make following her entire story entirely pointless?

No Dany needs to invade Westeros. How that turns out could be the twist. Wasting all of our time with a pointless story line that goes nowhere is not just a great twist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

I think the twist, based upon more than a few things, is that Daenarys will end up being very much a "ends justify the means" type of conqueror.  The dragons will be unleashed, the Dothraki will pillage and burn and rape, and her army will scythe through the disorganized Westerosi for a time.  "Fire and Blood" will be more than some empty words for her.  I think that, even if she steps back from the ledge of full-on Mad King's Daughter, she will nonetheless prove every bit the conqueror that Aegon I was.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

well, there was that vision where she walked through a charred red keep

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 09, 2016, 12:28:37 PM
I think the twist, based upon more than a few things, is that Daenarys will end up being very much a "ends justify the means" type of conqueror.  The dragons will be unleashed, the Dothraki will pillage and burn and rape, and her army will scythe through the disorganized Westerosi for a time.  "Fire and Blood" will be more than some empty words for her.  I think that, even if she steps back from the ledge of full-on Mad King's Daughter, she will nonetheless prove every bit the conqueror that Aegon I was.

Yeah. It just occurred to me this is going to be how Tyrion and/or Varys will probably die. They are bound to be horrified by what she does and will probably try to stop her somehow. But I don't think they have one more "safe pivot" in them.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Kleves

Arya sure made a quick recovery from being stabbed to death.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

Arya's storyline this season seems pretty fucking pointless so far.  I assume she'll night-murder someone with her new blind-fighting skills, but I'm pretty unimpressed by her arc.

The Riverrun scenes were great.  Of course, the Blackfish is still very much alive...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Meh episode. although no LSH, which is good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.