News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

I thought Horn Hill, the seat of House Tarly, was a little too much. I always thought they were a 3rd or 4th rate House.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Riverun was Ok, i guess. To much renaissance instead of late middle ages. Some of the defenses were clearly designed with gunpowder in mind.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Siege on June 07, 2016, 08:16:07 PM
Riverun was Ok, i guess. To much renaissance instead of late middle ages. Some of the defenses were clearly designed with gunpowder in mind.

What are you thinking of?  Moats, drawbridges, arrow slits and castellation are all pre-gunpowder defenses.

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on June 07, 2016, 08:13:40 PM
I thought Horn Hill, the seat of House Tarly, was a little too much. I always thought they were a 3rd or 4th rate House.

There's a reason that Randyll Tarly is given such respect and a solid position in the books--Tarly holds some strong lands and has a lot of troops of his own.

And might end up being a Targaryen loyalist, but I'm not 100% convinced he'll switch sides soon...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on June 07, 2016, 08:13:40 PM

The budget has really increased this season.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

So, do you guys think that the creepy Highsparrow and Marge scene about sex with Tommen was Marge manipulating Highsparrow to get a carte blanche to bonk the kid or not?

Admiral Yi

Marge needs permission to fuck her husband?

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2016, 01:41:34 PM
Marge needs permission to fuck her husband?
ordinarily, no.  But since she had to make atonements, must look pious and all, maybe it was a wise move?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

Wasn't it more him pointing out her marital duties? That sounded a bit like what a Catholic bishop would tell a noblewoman in the Middle Ages.

viper37

Quote from: Zanza on June 08, 2016, 01:47:41 PM
Wasn't it more him pointing out her marital duties? That sounded a bit like what a Catholic bishop would tell a noblewoman in the Middle Ages.
yeah, but she could have just jumped into bed with her husband after the "incident", but it wouldn't look too pious.  Waiting on the priest to remind her of her duties might have been a smart move, if she plays the long con.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zanza

Which she clearly does as we could see with the small piece of paper with the rose on it that she gave to her grandmother. That must have indicated that she is still loyal to House Tyrell not the Seven.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on June 08, 2016, 01:57:12 PM
Which she clearly does as we could see with the small piece of paper with the rose on it that she gave to her grandmother. That must have indicated that she is still loyal to House Tyrell not the Seven.

Unless she's hustling her granny.  :ph34r:

LaCroix

I took it that, deep down, she really dislikes tommen for being such a bitch and had zero desire to fuck

Phillip V

Quote from: LaCroix on June 08, 2016, 02:00:43 PM
I took it that, deep down, she really dislikes tommen for being such a bitch and had zero desire to fuck

Or maybe Tommen still a kid/tween?  That would be rape.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on June 08, 2016, 02:00:43 PM
I think she's the the type to fuck so as she gets something out of it and not just an orgasm.