News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

That's the letter Brienne was given by Sansa.

Berkut

My guess is that it will be the Blackfish who ends up being the help they need. Otherwise, why even bring him back into the story?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Siege

Quote from: Berkut on June 07, 2016, 02:30:17 PM
My guess is that it will be the Blackfish who ends up being the help they need. Otherwise, why even bring him back into the story?

Really? The Blackfish is going to defeat a Lannister field army commanded by Jaime the Golden hand and Bronn of the Blackwater?

Fat chance. Jaime Lannister was a retard when he had two hands, but now he is thinking with head, not his ego.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 07, 2016, 08:24:56 AM
When that Faceless Man drank poison and died in front of Arya, she kept pulling faces off of the body until she got to her own.

Yeah. What was that all about. I think someone made a mistake with thw script.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Berkut

Quote from: Siege on June 07, 2016, 03:11:46 PM

Really? The Blackfish is going to defeat a Lannister field army commanded by Jaime the Golden hand and Bronn of the Blackwater?

Fat chance. Jaime Lannister was a retard when he had two hands, but now he is thinking with head, not his ego.

Nope, I suspect the Blackfish will end up making a deal with Jaime to be let go...

I suspect that in fact at some point Jaime is going to figure out what the fuck is actually going on, and realizes that there are bigger issues at stake...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on June 07, 2016, 03:25:30 PM
Nope, I suspect the Kingfish will end up making a deal with Jaime to be let go...

In return for the black vote on road building and two seats on the Louisiana Supreme Court.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2016, 03:29:23 PM
In return for the black vote on road building and two seats on the Louisiana Supreme Court.

:lol: :thumbsup:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Nope, I suspect the Blackfish will end up making a deal with Jaime to be let go...

I suspect that in fact at some point Jaime is going to figure out what the fuck is actually going on, and realizes that there are bigger issues at stake...
there's still Dorne.  The Sand Snakes killed their lord because they wanted immediate war with the Lannisters.  I'm still expecting them to attack any time this season.  Or Cersei doing something stupid.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Yeah no reason for Jaime to have any particular love for Ramsey Bolton or the Boltons in general.  And while having Sansa Stark running around the north with an army may not be a preferred Lannister scenario, it should soon be apparent that anyone up north is going to have their hand's full with other concerns.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Habbaku

It's almost-certainly going to be Littlefinger and the army from the Vale that saves the day.  Hence the secretive nature of Sansa's letter-writing.  The Blackfish might well help out in the North, but his small force in Riverrun doesn't seem like it's going to be all the decisive--unless they participate in some retaliatory raids against the Freys later.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Blackfish's Riverrun force is supposed to be the cobbled together remnants of the the defeated Riverlands army.  It would make zero sense for them to march off to Winterfell and save the day.  It didn't make much sense in the first place for them to recapture Riverrun.

grumbler

I agree.  Brienne wil convince him he can do more good by getting the honors of war at Riverrun and march north.  How this could happen in the timeline of Jon attacking immediately I don't know, but time moves at the speed of plot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on June 07, 2016, 07:18:19 PM

It's almost-certainly going to be Littlefinger and the army from the Vale that saves the day.  Hence the secretive nature of Sansa's letter-writing.  The Blackfish might well help out in the North, but his small force in Riverrun doesn't seem like it's going to be all the decisive--unless they participate in some retaliatory raids against the Freys later.

We have the scene of Jon Snow leading a cavalry charge into the heart of the Bolton army from the season spoilers.  He's clearly not going to be leading Wildlings, who have no horses.  Those have to be the Knights of the Vale we are talking about. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 07, 2016, 09:32:50 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 07, 2016, 09:28:25 AM
When Jon decided to march on Winterfell, they were arguing about someone else they needed to contact, Sansa wanted to contact them, Jon did not.  I think Sansa is writing to these people.

Also, in the books, there is someone who remains allies with the Stark, he feigns imprisoning the onion knight and later serves the Frey's sons to the old man in some blood pie.  Who was he?  Was he mentionned in the tv show?

Lord Wyman Manderly of White Harbor I think.

They've already done the Winterfell wedding, so the Frey pies cannot appear in that, but I dearly hope they appear somewhere.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Sadly, I don't think Frey pies are happening.  If they don't give me Manderly, I may have an aneurysm.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien