News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on June 02, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
Syrio flipped ahead in the books and figured out where Arya was going to be.

I dont think that is a very plausible theory for how a Faceless Man was captured like a common criminal.

You know, the guy that can kill anyone without getting caught - all a girl needs to do is speak a name.

It may be that he isnt the fencing master.   But what does fandom say about how the Faceless Man came to be locked in the cage?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

crazy canuck

Such a great actor, and we only got him for one episode  :(

Admiral Yi

Sort of an uninteresting episode.  I did enjoy the dramatic unveiling of the armed might of Bear Island though.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Habbaku

Short of magical healing, some sort of switcheroo (the Waif is really Arya!11zomg!), or plot armor, I don't see how Arya survives those wounds.  But I know she will.  It will be interesting to see how they pull that off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

Not much happened. Looking forward to The Hound losing it.

I wonder who Sansa wrote to. Littlefinger? Or some of the other houses? Will be a ex machina appearance during the battle...

Zanza

If Olly could not kill Jon, the Waif is not going to kill Arya. The lady she was supposed to kill is actually a Red Priestess and saves her.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2016, 12:28:28 AM
I wonder who Sansa wrote to. Littlefinger? Or some of the other houses? Will be a ex machina appearance during the battle...

I don't see any options besides Littlefinger.

Unless it was direct to little Duke Weenie.  :hmm:

Martinus

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2016, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: Zanza on June 06, 2016, 12:28:28 AM

I don't see any options besides Littlefinger.

Unless it was direct to little Duke Weenie.  :hmm:

It's either Littlefinger or White Harbor, but most probably Littlefinger.

How does Arya, the cold blooded killer, the survivor, let anyone get that close to her when she knows face-changing assassins are after her?

That is some shitty writing. It'll be more shitty writing when she survives next week, even though she was stabbed multiple times in the gut and then swam in feces infested canal water.

Sepsis anyone?

Her whole Braavos story is crap. I blame GRRM mostly.

LaCroix

Quote from: Zoupa on June 06, 2016, 01:21:20 AMI blame GRRM mostly.

well, yeah. imo, he fucked up big by backing out of his time jump. the story really relied on it despite his doubts that it could work.

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2016, 12:14:24 AM
Short of magical healing, some sort of switcheroo (the Waif is really Arya!11zomg!), or plot armor, I don't see how Arya survives those wounds.  But I know she will.  It will be interesting to see how they pull that off.

Arya's entire behaviour in the episode was very off (her entire conversation with the captain was "heeeeey, look at me everybody!!!") so I am pretty sure we are not supposed to take it on its face value - any more than we are supposed to think Margaery is actually devout now.

One speculation I have seen is that it was Jaqen pretending to be Arya to get himself stabbed by the Waif (who would not let go otherwise).

Alternatively it could have been Arya thinking she could survive an encounter with the Waif somehow so allowing herself to be stabbed.