News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

The Hodor thing was very well done, I did not see that coming at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Just saw that part.  Good bit.

The meeting between Sansa and Littlefinger underlined what a weak plot it was device for Littlefinger to hand Sansa over to the Boltons.  There was no possible advantage to be gained from it.

LaCroix

if he honestly didn't know about ramsay's true nature and thought of him as some normal dude, it kind of makes sense.

Sophie Scholl

Dammit it Branikan Starkwalker! You were the chosen one! Why'd you have to be a douche and try to skip ahead in your training? Now you got your teacher killed, your friends butchered, and you're headed down a dark path!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

The Ironborn coronation thing was cool. Also Sophie Turner acted the hell out of that scene with Littlefinger.

Martinus

The Danny and Jorah scene was a tear jerker. By the way, can horses can grey scale?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on May 22, 2016, 11:59:51 PM
if he honestly didn't know about ramsay's true nature and thought of him as some normal dude, it kind of makes sense.
he could have known and hoped Sansa would get killed.
or he could have not known and simply wanted to cement an alliance with the Bolton, the strongest force in the North.
Or he could have known, hope he would be the one rescuing Sansa to keep her under his thumb.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Really great episode, imho. Not a single scene that I disliked. A bit surprised Tyrion bought so easily into the Red Priestess' bullshit, but I suppose, like all the Lannister kids, he is overconfident and thinks he can control a "religion for the small folk".

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on May 22, 2016, 07:10:48 PM
Hodor is [spoiler]now the most heartbreaking and noble character of the show.[/spoiler] :(

Yup. As with the death of Oberyn ("If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"), Game of Thrones once again delivers a kick-in-the-stomach foreshadowing line this week, with Jaqen saying (I paraphrase) "Would you have the death take only the wicked and leave the innocent behind"?  :cry:

Edit: In completely unrelated news, I only now realised GRRM's joke in the name of "Molestown". :bleeding:  :lol:

Liep

Great episode. The Hodor scene made me realise that we book readers are in for some Red Wedding style surprises from now on. It scares and excites me for the rest of this season.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on May 23, 2016, 04:22:44 AM
Great episode. The Hodor scene made me realise that we book readers are in for some Red Wedding style surprises from now on. It scares and excites me for the rest of this season.

Yup. And remember, "if you think there is a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."  :ph34r:

Martinus

The saddest part of this all: we are half done with this season. And then it's one more year of waiting, and the last season.  :cry:

Habbaku

There are two more seasons scheduled.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien