And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2016, 03:53:57 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2016, 03:37:25 PM
The episode was about women taking charge - Danny, Sansa, Cersei, Olenna, Yara, Brienne, even Margaery and Osha, they all dominated men around them.  :showoff:

Dany, sure. Sansa, well she convinced a man they had common aims. Cersei & Olenna are always plotting, but did they accomplish anything this week? Yara stood up to her broken little brother who just wanted to help her, Bravo. Brienne, no idea what you're talking about. Margaery, same. Osha, dead.

Brienne's encounter with Davos and Melissandre  was pretty epic, especially with the drop the mike line about "he admitted it... just before I executed him." 

I think that the whole idea that this episode was "about women taking charge" is easily overstated, however.  It was a good inning for some women, but not for Cersei, Yara, Margaery, or Osha (who failed rather miserably).  It was definitely Dani's biggest episode to date.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2016, 05:00:08 PMIt was definitely Dani's biggest episode to date.

For a couple reasons at least.  :rolleyes:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on May 16, 2016, 05:04:06 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2016, 05:00:08 PMIt was definitely Dani's biggest episode to date.

It's funny, I had just seen or read an interview where she was talking about how she didn't have to take her clothes off as much these days.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on May 16, 2016, 12:26:19 PM
Well, not doing something is not explaining at all, and makes people wonder why they live in fuel soaked huts.

They don't.  They were in a structure built with dried out wood located in a desert.  Its not entirely surprising that it caught fire and went up so quickly.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on May 16, 2016, 03:56:19 PM
In the books her control is far more discrete.

In the show she is more of a composite character.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 16, 2016, 05:11:42 PM

It's funny, I had just seen or read an interview where she was talking about how she didn't have to take her clothes off as much these days.

Looked very cgied to me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2016, 05:00:08 PM
Brienne's encounter with Davos and Melissandre  was pretty epic, especially with the drop the mike line about "he admitted it... just before I executed him."

I also don't recall if Brienne actually looked at Melissandre when she said Renly was killed by blood magic, but I am sure Melissandre kinda went "oh shit".  :lol:

And that was right after Davos asked her what happened to Shireen. I think Melissandre should better get the hell out of the dodge.

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2016, 03:08:23 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2016, 05:00:08 PM

I also don't recall if Brienne actually looked at Melissandre when she said Renly was killed by blood magic, but I am sure Melissandre kinda went "oh shit".  :lol:

And that was right after Davos asked her what happened to Shireen. I think Melissandre should better get the hell out of the dodge.

Melisandre would DESTROY Brienne if she got uppity with her. She's got mad skills with the magic.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2016, 09:03:33 PM

Looked very cgied to me.

Nope. It was her.  She agreed to make an exception after she read the script.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2016, 04:53:03 AM

Looked very cgied to me.

Nope. It was her.  She agreed to make an exception after she read the script.

Ah.

Thank you, Miss Clarke.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Looked very cgied to me.
yeah, that fire was all fake!

It looks CGIed, because she was not naked in front of a crowd.  She shot her scene in some place, and the crowd was shooting elsewhere.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/game-thrones-emilia-clarke-dany
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Plus the fake fire around her.

Grallon

Why do female breasts always look flat when released from bondage?

Anyway another good episode and quite a strong scene for Daenarys.  I assumed Jorah and her lover, whose name escapes me, had used the cover of night to douse the place with whatever alcohol the Dothraki were imbibing.  Although I seem to recall Mongols and other plains tribesmen use mostly fermented mare milk as their booze of choice - not exactly the most flammable substance.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox