And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Zanza

How can it be a trick? He hands him over to a psycho kinslayer...

I guess it is a way to tie loose plotlines.

Habbaku

Quote from: Zanza on May 08, 2016, 11:50:28 PM

I'm worried you're correct and that's it's just sloppy writing.  Yet again, Ramsay 'wins' despite doing nothing to earn it.

I really hope it's a trick, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on May 08, 2016, 11:50:28 PM

Win over his confidence, then lure him into a place he can be attacked.  Such as on a battlefield facing wildlings with Umbers at his back.

Or eyebrow chick is the poisoned dagger.

Jaron

They have thrown Ramsay every single bone he could ask for in this series....

Zanza

They've built up Sansa for a while now. If Rickon lives and becomes Lord of Winterfell, that would not fit with the TV narrative very well. So he has to die for Sansa to become Lady of Winterfell.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on May 08, 2016, 11:55:30 PM

Not true.  Sansa and Theon escaped.

Jaron

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2016, 11:59:01 PM
Quote from: Jaron on May 08, 2016, 11:55:30 PM

Not true.  Sansa and Theon escaped.

and now he has Rickon. Can he have a single permanent setback?

Habbaku

Odds are Ramsay dies at the end of the season.  I just don't see the death of Rickon having any real dramatic weight, aside from "kill another good guy".  Maybe I'll be proven wrong.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on May 08, 2016, 11:56:45 PM
They've built up Sansa for a while now. If Rickon lives and becomes Lord of Winterfell, that would not fit with the TV narrative very well. So he has to die for Sansa to become Lady of Winterfell.

Or Jon becomes Lord of Winterfell claiming legitimacy from King Stannis.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

If Ramsay dies, who would replace him as villain?

They'd need to advance another plotline...Dorne? White Walkers ?

I think walkers breaching the wall and overwhelming the Watch might do the trick.

Zanza

Phillip V

Tower of Joy fight scene.  Was it realistic?

Admiral Yi

Fight scenes will always be problematic because you don't fence with a man in armor.

Jaron

Did I see it wrong or did he get stabbed through his armor?

The fight scene was cool, but maybe a bit on the cheesy side.  Just a bit.

The fights in GoT thus far I think have mostly had a certain air of authenticity...they don't go too overboard so I'll give them this one for free.