And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

There are still no torrents available anywhere I have access to.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

I really hope the Umber thing with Rickon is a ruse, else it seems like pretty shoddy writing to just have the Smalljohn (presumably who that is) betray the Starks because of something that is out of the Stark's hands.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

Is Greatjon still in jail somewhere and did they kill him on the show?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jaron on May 08, 2016, 10:18:03 PM
Is Greatjon still in jail somewhere and did they kill him on the show?

Still held by the Walders I thought.  I might be confusing the book and the show though.

Admiral Yi

"The Walders."  he he  I mean the Freys.

Phillip V

I did not think Jon Snow could reach a new level of emo.  A post-death "my friends killed me" kind of emo.

Admiral Yi

Just watched.

Gotta believe the gift of Rickon and Eyebrow girl is a trick.

Eddie Teach

I'm looking forward to Jon leading the wildlings against Ramsay.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Also liked the thinking behind Jon's resignation.  Oath is only binding until death. :contract:

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2016, 11:31:45 PM
Also liked the thinking behind Jon's resignation.  Oath is only binding until death. :contract:

I've assumed all along that was the story telling reason for Jon being killed - a means of getting him out of his oath to the watch.

The Tower of Joy tease was suitably frustrating... :P
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2016, 11:35:04 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2016, 11:31:45 PM

I've assumed all along that was the story telling reason for Jon being killed - a means of getting him out of his oath to the watch.

The Tower of Joy tease was suitably frustrating... :P

Indeed.  All the scenes this episode were a tease; inconclusive or just conversation.  Very dissatisfied.

Grallon

Finally found a source.  Very good episode.  And how Bran & Rickon have grown! :perv:

I guess we won't get the final part of the 'Tower of Joy' until later in the season.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Rickon's actor is 14, dude.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Jaron

As a trick against Ramsay it seems pretty risky. There is no telling what he'd do to Rickon.

Verdict: Umber is sincere in his intentions.
Winner of THE grumbler point.