And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Yeah I get your point. But maybe they will add some layer of weirdness to him - like erratic behaviour, outbursts or flashbacks perhaps. I think it would be too easy if he just got back with no price - especially as GRRM has always been saying in his interviews that he does not believe in a "scott free" resurrection in his stories.

Jaron

Its not his story anymore. He sold it and his soul to HBO. And they want rippling muscles pretty face Jon Snow. Not something that will repulse fans.

What they really want is for people to hate Ramsay so much that Jon's return gives people hope he can be stopped. Ramsay can kill all the people he wants but he will fall to Jon's Longclaw.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: Jaron on May 04, 2016, 01:44:14 AM
This is the most successful thread Tyr has ever made.
The off topic topic :contract:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2016, 12:02:50 PM

Korea started this one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 04, 2016, 01:08:30 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2016, 12:02:50 PM

Korea started this one.
I started the first, ergo all continuations thereof :p
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2016, 11:05:02 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on May 04, 2016, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 03, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on May 03, 2016, 02:07:02 PM
I maintain that Jon Snow's resurrection was a misdirection. Melisandre didn't do anything. Bran is warging him.

How the fuck would Bran warg a dead body?

The Others do exactly that.

So you think Bran is an Other and Jon is going to come back as a largely mindless zombie?

I'm not sure that Bran is an Other (yet), but clearly the power to reanimate and control corpses is entirely possible.

Berkut

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 04, 2016, 04:47:23 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2016, 11:05:02 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on May 04, 2016, 12:43:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 03, 2016, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on May 03, 2016, 02:07:02 PM
I maintain that Jon Snow's resurrection was a misdirection. Melisandre didn't do anything. Bran is warging him.

How the fuck would Bran warg a dead body?

The Others do exactly that.

So you think Bran is an Other and Jon is going to come back as a largely mindless zombie?

I'm not sure that Bran is an Other (yet), but clearly the power to reanimate and control corpses is entirely possible.

...in a way that would not be considered, by anyone, to be "Jon" at all, and has no real similarity to what wargs do with living animals that is clearly NOT re-animating a dead corpse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Hamilcar

Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2016, 05:37:24 PM
...in a way that would not be considered, by anyone, to be "Jon" at all, and has no real similarity to what wargs do with living animals that is clearly NOT re-animating a dead corpse.

I am 80% sure the Others warg corpses.

grumbler

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 04, 2016, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on May 04, 2016, 05:37:24 PM

I am 80% sure the Others warg corpses.
:lol:  This is great.  You almost sound like this is what you really think, and the precision of the estimate is a nice touch.

You know, of course, that what the Others do is utterly unlike warging, since the person doing the warging is unconscious in their original body while they warg the animal body.  But I think the trolling is first-class.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Hamilcar

Quote from: grumbler on May 04, 2016, 06:02:50 PM
:lol:  This is great.  You almost sound like this is what you really think, and the precision of the estimate is a nice touch.

You know, of course, that what the Others do is utterly unlike warging, since the person doing the warging is unconscious in their original body while they warg the animal body.  But I think the trolling is first-class.

I've practiced my ASOIAF trolling at work.

Hamilcar

HVC

The Starks have no luck at all.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Anyway, I wasn't at all happy to have the Umber dude show up at Winterfell with Rickon.  It seems too pat that all of the sons of the Stark bannerman turn out to be faithless gits eager to sign up with Rmsey Bolton.  I'm hoping that this is an Umber ruse of some sort, those I don't see how that's possible unless the wolf's head isn't Shaggydog.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2016, 09:24:31 PM
Anyway, I wasn't at all happy to have the Umber dude show up at Winterfell with Rickon.  It seems too pat that all of the sons of the Stark bannerman turn out to be faithless gits eager to sign up with Rmsey Bolton.  I'm hoping that this is an Umber ruse of some sort, those I don't see how that's possible unless the wolf's head isn't Shaggydog.
I was thinking Rouse too, but then I remembered the flayed body in the Bolton battle scene which I guess now is osha.

The Umber excuse seems plausible enough. a stark bastard let the wildlings in the north so he's pissed at the starks and also know doesn't have the resources to rebel against the bastard and protect his lands.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.