Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I also kinda love that Euron Greyjoy hosted Eurovision two years ago.  :cool:

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on May 03, 2016, 09:57:00 AM
If Roose stabbed Ramsay there would be no "dingo ate my baby" moment, though.  :homestar:

And there would be no need for such a moment, so a wash. :homestar:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 02, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2016, 03:31:43 PM
So if they are going to make Sansa responsible for Jon's actions, tell me why you agree with Grumbles' assertion that the Karstarks will forgive Jon.

Grumbler has wrapped himself into an inconsistency for the sake of making an absurd point - news at 11.

I have never said that I think the Karstarks will forgive Jon.  A little more reading comprehension and a little less making up things would go a long way towards keeping this discussion useful.  I won't ask you t stop the personal attacks, since I know that the ad hom is your defining "thing" in debate.

:lol:

QuoteI think that any Karstak other than Harald will recognize the justice of Robb's actions.

You are the King of the backpedal.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2016, 11:10:24 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 02, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 02, 2016, 03:31:43 PM
So if they are going to make Sansa responsible for Jon's actions, tell me why you agree with Grumbles' assertion that the Karstarks will forgive Jon.

Grumbler has wrapped himself into an inconsistency for the sake of making an absurd point - news at 11.

I have never said that I think the Karstarks will forgive Jon.  A little more reading comprehension and a little less making up things would go a long way towards keeping this discussion useful.  I won't ask you t stop the personal attacks, since I know that the ad hom is your defining "thing" in debate.

QuoteI think that any Karstak other than Harald will recognize the justice of Robb's actions.

You are the King of the backpedal.
:lmfao:  So now you are claiming that, when I wrote "recognize the justice of," you couldn't understand that in any way other than as "forgive," and when I wrote "Robb" you couldn't understand that in any other than as "Jon?"

You really need to take some remedial reading lessons. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Not going down the rabbit hole Grumbles.  If you want to argue that there is a significant difference between the two positions now that you clearly understand the inconsistency then fine. 

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2016, 11:26:20 AM
Not going down the rabbit hole Grumbles.  If you want to argue that there is a significant difference between the two positions now that you clearly understand the inconsistency then fine.

I am happy with my position and am comfortable that the pothers here understand it.  If you are happy with yours, fine.  Just stop trying to argue against my position merely to be oppositional.

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 03, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2016, 11:26:20 AM

I am happy with my position and am comfortable that the pothers here understand it.  If you are happy with yours, fine.  Just stop trying to argue against my position merely to be oppositional.

oh, wait.  You were saying that ironically right?

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2016, 11:55:30 AM

oh, wait.  You were saying that ironically right?

:lol:  I think everyone here can tell opposition for the sake of opposition from counter-argument.  The former resembles your arguments: mere bald assertion.  The latter resemble mine:  arguments made based on evidence and analysis.

Bayraktar!

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 03, 2016, 08:32:01 AM
Quote from: KRonn on May 03, 2016, 08:25:58 AM
Very cool to see Jon Snow alive. I can't wait to see how that all goes with him now, confronting his killers, and how the others regard him probably with some reverence. That includes the Widlings too.

I think Ramsay had some ideas of gaining an alliance, or some other dealings, with the Night's Watch? I thought he mentioned something about that when talking with his father, er, before the killing. Anyhow, I wouldn't think a meet up with the Watch won't go so well with Jon Snow alive and now a Wildling army in Snow's debt for giving them a home. Just that aspect of the Wildlings is likely to have an interesting story line to play out, with Sansa coming to Castle Black, etc.

I wonder if Jon chooses to stay with the Watch considering his oath has been fulfilled by his death. He could lead an army against Winterfell, either on his own or Sansa's behalf.

Well, surely there will be some battling between the Boltons and their allies vs Sansa and/or Jon Snow and their allies, however that shakes out among the northern lords. And I think the Wildlings will play some part in it.

Hamilcar

I maintain that Jon Snow's resurrection was a misdirection. Melisandre didn't do anything. Bran is warging him.

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on May 03, 2016, 09:06:05 AM
Quote from: KRonn on May 03, 2016, 08:25:58 AM
(snip) I think Ramsay had some ideas of gaining an alliance, or some other dealings, with the Night's Watch? I thought he mentioned something about that when talking with his father, er, before the killing. (snip)

Ramsey proposed to raid the Black castle and kill all of the Night's Watch, so as to make sure Jon won't interfere with the Boltons' schemes.

Right, I remember now. And that kind of thinking goes along with Ramsay's mad dog approach to things, as his father pointed out. That would have alienated all the northern lords that the Boltons need.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 03, 2016, 02:07:02 PM
I maintain that Jon Snow's resurrection was a misdirection. Melisandre didn't do anything. Bran is warging him.

There was something going on with the Dire Wolf in that scene.  I think you are probably correct.  But Melisandre is going to get/take all the credit.  Setting up a confrontation between the God of Light and the Old Gods - or at least their followers?

Hamilcar

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 03, 2016, 02:14:47 PM

There was something going on with the Dire Wolf in that scene.  I think you are probably correct.  But Melisandre is going to get/take all the credit.  Setting up a confrontation between the God of Light and the Old Gods - or at least their followers?

Well, before that happens, she'll get instructions from Daddy Bloodraven.

Eddie Teach

Considering Bran is busy beyond the wall, I think it more likely Jon was inhabiting the wolf.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hamilcar

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 03, 2016, 02:45:56 PM

Considering Bran is busy beyond the wall, I think it more likely Jon was inhabiting the wolf.

Jon is stuck in the wolf for good. Remember, "a second life worthy of a king."