News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Not a massive amount of plot development in the first episode.

Well, I guess Dorne developed a bit.

Martinus

I thought there was more plot development than in most first episodes to date. You had Sansa being rescued by Brienne (which means Ramsay is fucked), Danny being sent off to the equivalent of elderly home, the Dorne coup and the big Melissandre reveal.

Martinus

Btw, isn't it funny how after a year the whole wildling debate that Snow and Thorne had (and led to Snow being killed) feels much closer home after the refugee crisis? :P

Is Angela Merkel the Azor Ahai?  :huh:

Jaron

I don't get this show. Why do they do these things...
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 25, 2016, 02:20:13 AM

To make money.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 21, 2016, 06:30:31 AM
Jon Snow is dead, though, he'll just get rezzed.

yes. Anyone who's seen Jesus movies would have noticed the parallelism between the scene with Snow's follower's huddled together in the room scared of what's going on and the scene with Christs disciples gathered in a room in Jerusalem wondering what's going to happen to them after Jesus dies.

But Jesus, as some of you may know, rose. As will Snow.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2016, 01:19:08 AM

Same as last year's first episode. They tend to spend a few episodes setting the scenes up. Need to be patient.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jaron on April 25, 2016, 02:20:13 AM

Because a quick PUG run to the Boss is boring TV

Quote from: Josephus on April 25, 2016, 09:32:35 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2016, 01:19:08 AM

Same as last year's first episode. They tend to spend a few episodes setting the scenes up. Need to be patient.

Agreed.  I thought they did a good job orienting us to the plot lines they were developing and each plot line was moved along.  A lot was packed into that one hour.

HVC

In and of itself it's weird that they're guarding the body. They don't know that the red witch can Rez people, do they?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2016, 09:57:31 AM
In and of itself it's weird that they're guarding the body. They don't know that the red witch can Rez people, do they?

It would have made less sense if they simply left the body where it was.  They don't need knowledge of the potential for resurrection to protect the body of a murdered comrade.

Brazen

There was a bored-looking string quartet playing the GoT theme over and over again at Liverpool Street station this morning. Posted to FB if anyone's interested. Quite attractive women if that helps!

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

The red witch can't rez people as a red priestess.  Even she was astonished when Thoros of Myr proved able to do that, and he couldn't do it until he renounced his priesthood.

Not too surprising that his friends are guarding Jon's body, given what they know can happen to unguarded bodies.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

But that's the point. His friends should the the first ones to want to burn John so that he dies t come back as an undead.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Melisandre was rather surprising for a first episode. I wonder if that means she's done...?

Martinus

There are so far three main theories circulating about the Red Woman after the last episode:

1. She has always been that old and the show offers a major reveal.
2. All her magic to date has actually aged her and she is almost done.
3. She has started some spell to rez Jon Snow - in a life for life way.