News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Jon Snow is dead, though, he'll just get rezzed.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2016, 03:30:35 AM
Zombie Mountain, and Jon will be more than enough of Martin's "hah, you thought I kill everyone but in fact I kill NOBODY!" shtick, thankyouverymuch.

There are literally dozens of characters, from major to minor, that aren't being resurrected.  And LSH hardly counts as being an original of what she was...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2016, 01:51:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2016, 03:30:35 AM
Zombie Mountain, and Jon will be more than enough of Martin's "hah, you thought I kill everyone but in fact I kill NOBODY!" shtick, thankyouverymuch.

There are literally dozens of characters, from major to minor, that aren't being resurrected.  And LSH hardly counts as being an original of what she was...

I don't care I still don't like the whol resurrection business.

Jaron

GRRM also likes to make chapter endings that make you think a character is dead or hurt but really isn't.

A couple of examples is when the Hound smacks Arya with an axe and when a chapter ends with Tyrion drowning when the stone men attack.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Okay.  THAT I did not expect.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Dorne was boring and useless in the book, and it's even more so on the tv show
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2016, 10:19:35 PM

Some people appreciated the jailbit tits.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2016, 10:30:23 PM

Some people appreciated the jailbit tits.
:D ok I'll give you that
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Martinus

Brienne of Motherfucking Tarth.  :showoff:

Habbaku

It has much more of a purpose than it does in the show.  I think they just wanted to be done with the storyline there instead of utilizing it for anything.  Now they can conveniently pretend it doesn't exist until they need a Dornish army to appear...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

But even in the book the basement bbq means the dorne storyline goes nowhere since we now know what happens to Marcella anyway.

Martinus

Oh great more female full frontal nudity already on the first episode.  :rolleyes:

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on April 24, 2016, 11:48:47 PM
Oh great more female full frontal nudity already on the first episode.  :rolleyes:
about time.  General tv is flooded with gay stuff, but hopefully, we can still count on HBO for something.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2016, 11:29:43 PM
But even in the book the basement bbq means the dorne storyline goes nowhere since we now know what happens to Marcella anyway.

You're assuming the point of the Dorne storyline is Quentyn.  I don't agree with that at all.  The Dorne storyline seems, to me, to be centered around Dorne attempting to side with and put a Targaryen on the throne again, which they are doing in the books, and probably will end up doing in the show, in abbreviated form.  The Sand Snakes will almost certainly side with Daenarys when she makes her landing.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I gotta say that, from the first episode, the two storylines I am most looking forward to are of payback and revenge - Sansa's on Boltons and Freys and Jaime's and Cersei's on the entire world (starting with that old sanctimonious prick). I hope Weiss and Benioff are going to wreck their plans with a few curve balls too.  :cool: