News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 05, 2016, 01:38:10 PM
I wish him best even if the series is never finished. He created it as an "unfilmable" series that became one of the most successful tv shows of all times. He has already given us more than most - he does not owe us anything.

He owes it to himself. Unfinished works tend to be forgotten.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2016, 04:58:27 PM
I wish him best even if the series is never finished. He created it as an "unfilmable" series that became one of the most successful tv shows of all times. He has already given us more than most - he does not owe us anything.

Like the Gospel of Mark?

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2016, 08:09:48 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/george-r-r-martin-cannot-think-of-single-good-reason-to-finish-book-20160105105045

QuoteGeorge R R Martin cannot think of single good reason to finish book

AGEING multimillionaire George R R Martin has stopped writing the next Game of Thrones book while in the middle of a sentence.

Halfway through The Winds of Winter, Martin typed 'Tyrion looked darkly at' when he suddenly realised he was already very rich and quite old.

He said: "I was a hundred thousand words into this thing where I've got armies in one continent, zombies in another, dragons burning things all over the place and numerous uninteresting sub-plots involving minor noblemen whose names I cannot currently recall. It is, by anyone's reckoning, a fucking nightmare.

"I was looking at several more months of inhumanly hard graft and even then everyone is bound to slag it off as 'unsatisfying'.

"Meanwhile it is a lovely day outside and I am an older man with more money than I can possibly ever spend.

"You tell me why I should finish this? It's an honest question. Someone else can do it if they like, I'm cool with that."

Martin had already spent the morning wading through a massive Excel spreadsheet listing hundreds of characters as 'ALIVE', 'DEAD' or 'IN SOME SORT OF SKY DUNGEON', which he has since deleted.

Okay, we are clear that is isn't real right=?  Just making sure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2016, 04:58:27 PM

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2016, 08:09:48 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/george-r-r-martin-cannot-think-of-single-good-reason-to-finish-book-20160105105045

QuoteGeorge R R Martin cannot think of single good reason to finish book

AGEING multimillionaire George R R Martin has stopped writing the next Game of Thrones book while in the middle of a sentence.

Halfway through The Winds of Winter, Martin typed 'Tyrion looked darkly at' when he suddenly realised he was already very rich and quite old.

He said: "I was a hundred thousand words into this thing where I've got armies in one continent, zombies in another, dragons burning things all over the place and numerous uninteresting sub-plots involving minor noblemen whose names I cannot currently recall. It is, by anyone's reckoning, a fucking nightmare.

"I was looking at several more months of inhumanly hard graft and even then everyone is bound to slag it off as 'unsatisfying'.

"Meanwhile it is a lovely day outside and I am an older man with more money than I can possibly ever spend.

"You tell me why I should finish this? It's an honest question. Someone else can do it if they like, I'm cool with that."

Martin had already spent the morning wading through a massive Excel spreadsheet listing hundreds of characters as 'ALIVE', 'DEAD' or 'IN SOME SORT OF SKY DUNGEON', which he has since deleted.

I think he should leave it unfinished. That would be hilarious.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Liep

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-and-8-hbo-1201674899/

Quote"Game of Thrones" is still four months away from the Season 6 premiere, but HBO is already talking with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss about committing to a seventh and eighth season.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ender

Ahhhh those bitches sand snakes killed Myrcella!!!!

I just finished season 5.
I cried.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Well yeah, I thought they gave that away when they did the poster with the blood on his mouth.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

I was hoping they saved mercyla (or however that's spelled)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on February 11, 2016, 05:05:33 PM
I was hoping they saved mercyla (or however that's spelled)
I don't think they can.  All of Cersei's children have to predecease her.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!