And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2015, 03:08:56 AM
No fucking way - he would look ridiculous with his hair dyed platinum blonde.
They could have him gone white (and dirty).
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Want to go to the Land of Always Tinfoil? Check out Preston Jacob's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXU7XVK_2Wd6tAHYO8g9vAA

Habbaku

Have to admit, I'm a junkie for his stuff and Alt-Shift-X's material.  There really is a lot of subtext to mine out of the tale so far and the video interpretations give me a lot more value out of the word--and also inspire re-reads.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

That was interesting, though I don't see how telepathy/telekinesis isn't considered magical.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on September 03, 2015, 04:21:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 03, 2015, 03:08:56 AM
No fucking way - he would look ridiculous with his hair dyed platinum blonde.
They could have him gone white (and dirty).

That is kind of what happened to my once blond locks  :(

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on September 03, 2015, 11:02:23 AM
Have to admit, I'm a junkie for his stuff and Alt-Shift-X's material.  There really is a lot of subtext to mine out of the tale so far and the video interpretations give me a lot more value out of the word--and also inspire re-reads.

Enjoy this one then. :P Is Ser Pounce secretly Azor Ahai?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7sh3rG96Ew

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2015, 03:54:08 PM

I just realised Ser Pounce looks like Rufus.  :cool:

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on September 03, 2015, 03:54:08 PM

Already saw it, but that one definitely competes for the Tinfoil Crown.  It is, of course, also admitted by him that it is a really unplausible theory. 
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Hamilcar

If ASOIAF turns out to actually be Sci Fi, Martin will have to hide from the mob, forever. It would also be the most epic troll.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 04, 2015, 03:10:30 AM
If ASOIAF turns out to actually be Sci Fi, Martin will have to hide from the mob, forever. It would also be the most epic troll.
He is on record in interviews as saying the reason for the long winters is purely magical and nothing to do with a strange orbit or anything scientific.
So.....I guess not, but as you say it would be an epic troll
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

A guy recently sneaked into the area where they're currently shooting what is supposed to be the Tower of Joy scene, the castle of Zafra, in Guadalajara, and recorded a short video:

https://youtu.be/-RrsU3ndvHQ

Berkut

Latest internet theory:

Jon Snow and Meera Reed are twins.

Discuss.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Dumb theory.  Right up there with Howland Reed being the High Septon or Roose Bolton being a centuries-old vampire.

-J. R. R. Tolkien