Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on August 02, 2015, 03:55:55 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 01, 2015, 11:55:24 PM
Ian McShane in season 6!  :w00t: :w00t:

Euron Greyjoy, I presume?

That's what I'm thinking. Less likely, Randyll Tarly or someone we don't know of.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Great news, I love Ian McShane.

The Larch

Max von Sidow will play the three eyed raven next season.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Larch

Some random Danish actor that only Liep must have heard about has been cast as Euron Greyjoy. So, who is Ian McShane playing?

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-pilou-asbaek-season-6-1201584050/

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on September 02, 2015, 02:06:18 PM
Some random Danish actor that only Liep must have heard about has been cast as Euron Greyjoy. So, who is Ian McShane playing?

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-pilou-asbaek-season-6-1201584050/

I actually heard of him. But only because he hosted Eurovision. :P

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on September 02, 2015, 02:06:18 PM

I've heard of him because he was in 'Borgen', but haven't seen anything he's been in. Apparently he's good and the other Danes on the show have all done well (Jaime, wildling chieftess, and Qotho) so he'll be fine.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

No fucking way - he would look ridiculous with his hair dyed platinum blonde.