News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

WTF [spoiler]Benjen Stark?![/spoiler]
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2015, 01:57:00 PM
Seems rather silly to give Jorah Greyscale only to off him later in the season.  I suppose it's possible, but his circumstances don't seem as obvious for killing as the others.
I think you're right that the greyscale is going to be what does him in the end. I am just wondering if they're not going to pay that off sooner rather than later. Though I don't really know much about the disease other than it turns you into a 28 days later rage zombie, so it might have a while to go before it gets that far.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

LaCroix

Quote from: LaCroix on June 13, 2015, 02:13:27 PM
stannis could legitimize gendry. or maybe there's some off-screen cousin.

i dunno if brienne is gonna survive her quest to kill stannis. stannis seems like an end-game boss daenerys defeats before turning to the white walkers.

[spoiler]guess i was wrong![/spoiler]

Berkut

Berkut's wife: "I hate this show!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Season finale was a real downer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

My assessment of the episode : "But did you see him die?"

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2015, 10:02:16 PM
My assessment of the episode : "But did you see him die?"

[spoiler]it was a good conclusion to his story arc. he tried so hard that he lost it all. plus, melisandre = rainmaker that led him astray.[/spoiler]

katmai

Bad CGI job on walk of shame.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Watching now so expect a stream of posts.

No.1: Brienne you had one fucking job!!!

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on June 14, 2015, 11:54:00 PM
Bad CGI job on walk of shame.

I sadly found out that Lena Headey had a body double at portions of that walk.   :(

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Yeah it was easy to tell from start if seen 300 that wasn't her :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Is it too late to cast the body double?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Drogon was all: Mooooooooom, I don't want to go to school today.

Martinus