Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2015, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 08, 2015, 04:45:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 04:43:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 08, 2015, 04:40:25 PM
They're both a long way from even on the scales.

Theon lost his unit.  I'd say he's paid the price.

I was going to say Jaime doesn't have that much to atone for but then I remembered he gimped up gimpy boy.

I forget - did Jaime have a role in the Red Wedding?

Yes and no. He wasn't there, but "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" is not there for no reason.

Agreed.  But it has nothing to do with Jaime Lannister.  That was a reference to House Lannister taking revenge for Jaime being taken prisoner. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 04:52:50 PM
He has felt really bad.

Which says there is hope for him. But he needs to do something concrete before we say he's on the road to redemption. Something like the Hound saving Arya from the Red Wedding.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Arya is a bit of an anti-Jaime. Very sympathetic at first but now turning into just another killer.

The Minsky Moment

Theon horribly murdered two children, and that is just the beginning of his record of blood and betrayal. Nothing makes him the good guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Lettow77

This is a foul plot to discredit Stannis. This is a far cry from the vaunted man of duty who arose from the books, charging his knights to raise an army overseas to put Shireen on the throne as Shireen, Most MoĆ© of her Name, First Shoujo of Westeros
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Why did Jon walk the wildings through the gate?

Stannis... What a cock. What a departure. This really is pushing me towards the belief that Dani/ the side of fire is the "bad" side with the Others actually being a lot nicer than they may seem.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 08, 2015, 05:03:59 PM
Which says there is hope for him. But he needs to do something concrete before we say he's on the road to redemption. Something like the Hound saving Arya from the Red Wedding.

Timothy over Paul, eh?  :P

I don't think the Hound needed redemption.  He was always relatively good.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 05:11:38 PM

Also offed a kid

Why so soft on child murder?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 08, 2015, 05:07:36 PM
Theon horribly murdered two children, and that is just the beginning of his record of blood and betrayal. Nothing makes him the good guy.

Agreed.  Theon just realizes what a terrible mistake he made everytime he has to squat to pee.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 05:11:38 PM

The Hound carried out the orders of one of the most sadistic people in the land.  At what point was he at all good before he left Kings Landing?

Martinus

He also rode down and murdered Mycah early on.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2015, 05:26:52 PM
He also rode down and murdered Mycah early on.

Yeah that was under the orders of Joffrey - the most sadistic of the bunch...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 08, 2015, 05:11:23 PM
Why did Jon walk the wildings through the gate?

His strategy is to increase his manpower to defend the Wall when the White Walkers attack and to reduce their numbers by removing everyone alive from North of the Wall before the attack.

Eddie Teach

Stannis... What a cock. What a departure. This really is pushing me towards the belief that Dani/ the side of fire is the "bad" side with the Others actually being a lot nicer than they may seem.

:huh:

Dani is clearly the option you're supposed to be rooting for; this is made much simpler in the show by blackening Stannis and removing her nephew.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 08, 2015, 06:01:42 PM

:huh:

Dani is clearly the option you're supposed to be rooting for; this is made much simpler in the show by blackening Stannis and removing her nephew.

Yeah, the show is turning into clear heroes and villains.

Of course the last time that was made so clear in the books the heroes all died so we shall see how the books turn out.