News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

From the interview with Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos) about his last day on the set with Kerry Ingram (Shereen):

QuoteIt was really sweet on the last day that we worked together. I had bought an Irish silver stag that I had made up for Kerry as a parting gift. When I handed it over she had bought this beautiful throw pillow with a stag on it, like the Baratheon sigil. We swapped stags. It was very touching in our little pop-up tent at the end of the day, when we were handing them over.

:cry:

Queequeg

He's my favorite character in the books and very, very easily my favorite thing about the TV show. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Zanza

He seems to be the one good man of Westeros.

Martinus

I hope Brienne kills Stannis.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on June 08, 2015, 04:23:56 PM
He seems to be the one good man of Westeros.

Rob Snow, Fat Boy, Bannister,

I would call Jormont a good man.  I would call Tyrion a good man.  Jaime is giving appearances of being a good man.  Theon too.

Berkut

The transformation of Jaime was so well done in the books and the show.

Starts off as the first of the clear bad guys and turns into someone you are actually rooting for...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 04:37:01 PM
Jaime is giving appearances of being a good man.  Theon too.

They're both a long way from even on the scales.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 08, 2015, 04:40:25 PM

Theon lost his unit.  I'd say he's paid the price.

I was going to say Jaime doesn't have that much to atone for but then I remembered he gimped up gimpy boy.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2015, 04:43:17 PM

I was going to say Jaime doesn't have that much to atone for but then I remembered he gimped up gimpy boy.

I forget - did Jaime have a role in the Red Wedding?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

That's a matter of balancing misdeeds vs punishments, not misdeeds vs good deeds. He hasn't done a heck of a lot to make the claim that he's a "good man".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on June 08, 2015, 04:45:41 PM

IIRC he was losing a hand while that was going on.

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on June 08, 2015, 04:33:20 PM
I hope Brienne kills Stannis.

Are you going to post this every week?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Yes and no. He wasn't there, but "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" is not there for no reason.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 08, 2015, 04:46:00 PM
That's a matter of balancing misdeeds vs punishments, not misdeeds vs good deeds. He hasn't done a heck of a lot to make the claim that he's a "good man".

He has felt really bad.

crazy canuck

No.  That was all his father's doing.  I think there was a scene in the show where his father makes reference to what he did in a discussion with Jamie well after the fact.  Jamie didn't have any role after he was taken prisoner.  And it was after that when Rob met his bride to be.