And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 05:38:14 PM
[spoiler]There's also a chance he doesn't get offed.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Can't see it not happening, the whole Wall plotline is following the books pretty narrowly, only sped up. And it'd make for a great season finale.[/spoiler]

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2015, 05:43:37 PM
[spoiler]Can't see it not happening, the whole Wall plotline is following the books pretty narrowly, only sped up. And it'd make for a great season finale.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Well, I think the script writers have made a conscious decision to depart from Martin's never-ending subplot and flowering entropy and lack of resolution.  Rob's assasination would just create more uncertainty and lack of resolution.  Not saying i'll bet money on it, but I see it as a possibility.[/spoiler]

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 05:49:38 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2015, 05:43:37 PM

[spoiler]Well, I think the script writers have made a conscious decision to depart from Martin's never-ending subplot and flowering entropy and lack of resolution.  Rob's assasination would just create more uncertainty and lack of resolution.  Not saying i'll bet money on it, but I see it as a possibility.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I guess you mean Jon. At most I'm willing to accept the Caesaring to happen next season instead of this one, after all in the books the deed is done after a whole book of coming and going accomodating the Wildlings at Castle Black, with tension brewing, but it'd make for a quite lousy storyline for the Watch next season. My money is still on the end of this one.[/spoiler]

Razgovory

Christ it's like the CIA is posting here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 01, 2015, 05:41:36 PM

[spoiler]I think it's almost certain that the last scene is his stabbing and a fade-to-black to keep it uncertain as to whether he's dead or not.[/spoiler]

Probably.

I have no idea how many seasons the people behind GoT have in mind. But it would feel a bit futile if the Arya storyline doesn't go anywhere. The Bran one seems to be ignored in this season (and thank any deity for that).

[spoiler]When Jon Snow finds his sword, he can withstand the White Walker's attack and kill it. Is it because it is, like Ned Stark's sword, Valyrian steel?[/spoiler]

The Larch

Quote from: Norgy on June 01, 2015, 05:58:59 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 01, 2015, 05:41:36 PM

[spoiler]I think it's almost certain that the last scene is his stabbing and a fade-to-black to keep it uncertain as to whether he's dead or not.[/spoiler]

Probably.

I have no idea how many seasons the people behind GoT have in mind. But it would feel a bit futile if the Arya storyline doesn't go anywhere. The Bran one seems to be ignored in this season (and thank any deity for that).

[spoiler]When Jon Snow finds his sword, he can withstand the White Walker's attack and kill it. Is it because it is, like Ned Stark's sword, Valyrian steel?[/spoiler]

Yes, it is.

Also, with how the show is going, Arya's storyline seems even more ridiculous, now doing a Molly Malone impersonation.

Admiral Yi

How is it ridiculous?  She's learning Many Faces field craft.

Norgy

How many on her list are left?

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
Speculation for the end of the season tying up with the books:

[spoiler]Is it me or is it shaping up to Olly, the young boy at the Watch, being the one who will stab Jon when he returns for allying with the Wildlings?[/spoiler]
Yes, after Sam's speech yesterday it's shaping up to be him.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 06:23:04 PM

It's ridiculous because while she goes after shady insurance dealers with no relation to her whatsoever her brothers and sisters are battling for the fate of their homeland.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2015, 06:34:38 PM
It's ridiculous because while she goes after shady insurance dealers with no relation to her whatsoever her brothers and sisters are battling for the fate of their homeland.

What do you want her to do?  Storm into King's Landing and impale all the Lannisters with her knitting needle?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2015, 06:37:11 PM

What do you want her to do?  Storm into King's Landing and impale all the Lannisters with her knitting needle?

Don't know, I just really dislike her whole faceless men storyline, both in the books and in the show. I feel it's pointless.

Norgy

I'd like her to write angry letters to the editor.

The Minsky Moment

As far as she knows, she has no brothers or sisters.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Larch

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 01, 2015, 06:51:19 PM

As far as she knows, she has no brothers or sisters.

Even if she knows that at least Jon and Sansa are still around, I mean it as a comparison of her character and the others, not about what she might know or not. Arya the ninja assassin just seems way too ridiculous for me.