News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Let's see how that Sansa scene continues. Theon looked like he might snap.

Josquius

I was suspecting he would snap and attack Ramsay (boy it must suck to be from Bolton these days. Well. More than usual) but.... He didn't. It seems to have been setup to make us think he would only for him to just stand there, a way to underline his messed up state, albeit a bit late in the day.
I wonder where they will go with him since it seems the book direction is off the table

QuoteI have seen one reviewer say that what happened to Sansa in that scene is the worst ordeal that has happened to any character on the show so far. What the fuck?
and with clear evidence to the contrary standing in the same room :rolleyes:
Feminazis wouldn't be so bad if they weren't infecting others.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Yeah. I mean, compared to what happened to Theon, Ros, Tansy (I think was the name of the girl torn apart by hounds), a bunch of unnamed slaves in Astapor, Viserys, Oberyn, Talyssa, Robb, Catelyn, Mycah the Miller's Boy, guy eaten alive by dragons and a bunch of other people referred to offscreen or historically (Ellaria Martell anyone?), I'd much rather get raped.

Martinus

Another favourite: apparently, "the worst thing imaginable happened to Sansa" in that scene. No it didn't. In fact, much worse things imaginable could happen to her from the same guy in the room.

The Larch

Something that really puzzled me was the text mentioning the trigger warning for sexual assault and the links to a support organization for victims before the spoiler warning. Is this something done seriously in many places nowadays? It's been literally the first time I've seen it in an article. I guess that these kind of websites are not in my internet neighbourhood, so to speak.

Martinus

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2015, 05:29:00 AM
Something that really puzzled me was the text mentioning the trigger warning for sexual assault and the links to a support organization for victims before the spoiler warning. Is this something done seriously in many places nowadays? It's been literally the first time I've seen it in an article. I guess that these kind of websites are not in my internet neighbourhood, so to speak.

Yeah, that's the THERE BE DRAGONS of crazy neighbourhood of Internet, I reckon.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2015, 12:42:21 AM
I have seen one reviewer say that what happened to Sansa in that scene is the worst ordeal that has happened to any character on the show so far. What the fuck?
That's bizarre.  She wasn't even really raped.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Yeah ok if anybody who was thinking about raping me ever decides to have a bit of mercy and simply murder, torture, or mutilate me let me just assure you I can take the rape. Don't go soft on me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2015, 02:59:22 AM
Another favourite: apparently, "the worst thing imaginable happened to Sansa" in that scene. No it didn't. In fact, much worse things imaginable could happen to her from the same guy in the room.

The problem isn't a lack of perspective, it's a lack of imagination.

crazy canuck

I think the problem with the Sansa scene is the show's need to simplify the storyline by collapsing characters into a limited cast.  This doesn't happen to the Sansa of the books and for good reason.  There is instead a fake female stark who has to endure the Boltons.  It is perhaps the most jolting of the many ways in which the show diverges from the books. 

Habbaku

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2015, 01:08:27 PM
I think the problem with the Sansa scene is the show's need to simplify the storyline by collapsing characters into a limited cast.  This doesn't happen to the Sansa of the books and for good reason.

I think something similar is almost certainly in the cards for the next book.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

How is it better (presuming it is the worst possible crime ever) if it happens to someone else?

crazy canuck

Quote from: frunk on May 19, 2015, 02:20:41 PM
How is it better (presuming it is the worst possible crime ever) if it happens to someone else?

If that was directed at me, it isn't better.  Lots of terrible things happen.  But it is jarring when the show is in conflict with what happens in the books. 

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2015, 02:45:18 PM
Quote from: frunk on May 19, 2015, 02:20:41 PM

If that was directed at me, it isn't better.  Lots of terrible things happen.  But it is jarring when the show is in conflict with what happens in the books.

That doesn't compute as a lot of backlash is from people who did not read the books.

Liep

Game of Thrones - The Musical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7xO5P3Az4

Amusing. I think my favourite was Emilia Clarke's "Rastafarian Targaryen".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk