Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I never was that crazy about a cock.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:46:55 PM

Self-respecting gay men prefer a foot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

A foot of cock? You must be insane.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:46:55 PM

Then don't claim to speak for most gay men? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

The arya story is really beginning to pull ahead :)
But no bran :angry:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

I myself prefer the following exchange between Bronn and Jaime as best lines of the episode:

- What do we do once we get there?
- I like to improvise.
- Explains the golden hand.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on May 18, 2015, 04:32:55 PM
I myself prefer the following exchange between Bronn and Jaime as best lines of the episode:

- What do we do once we get there?
- I like to improvise.
- Explains the golden hand.

Yeah, that was pretty good. But required three lines. The cock line, was just a one liner. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Well, the whole scene smacked of improvisation.
They've laboured long and hard to reach Dorne, yet can walk into the Water Gardens unopposed. And Mycella is there, of course.

grumbler

The Sand Snakes fight is up there amongst the worst in the whole series.  I agree that it was ridiculously set up and then ridiculously shot (they really need to get a fight choreographer that doesn't rely on silly spinning and wild slashing for "excitement" - and the whip?  PUH-LEASE). I would note that it was at the Watergarden, not the capital, and that the intervention of Captain Axe was not really delayed - he was probably letting everyone thoroughly noose themselves should Doran decide to go that way. 

I'll go with the Bron line as the best.  The cock merchant line came after a much longer setup than the golden hand line.  Tyrion's "guess again" was also a good line in the latter conversation.  Oleanna's "what veil?" line was pretty good, to.

The whole of the Sansa bath scene seemed a waste of time, though.  They could have used that time to set up the fight at the Watergarden more reasonably, it seems to me, and Sansa would already know about Ramsey from Littlefinger.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on May 18, 2015, 04:52:01 PM
Well, the whole scene smacked of improvisation.
They've laboured long and hard to reach Dorne, yet can walk into the Water Gardens unopposed. And Mycella is there, of course.

Agreed.  There could have been a short scene where they find out where Mycella is (maybe go to the capital first). 

Tyrion and Jorah's capture was also clumsily done.  How, exactly, do they not see all those slavers until they are on top of them?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I'm pretty sure the water gardens have been talked of a lot in previous episodes.
And isn't it quite known that the Martells spend most of their time their these days due to their head's troubles?

But yes. Some bits feel a bit rushed.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

It's not really a criticism, more just acceptance of the fact that the writers have so much ground to cover and in a fairly short amount of time. Which makes the endless scenes with Bran more and more unexplainable.

Admiral Yi

Clearly Bran is going to use his Jedi mind tricks to control the ice zombies and kick some Lannister ass.  Duh.

Then Daenarys is going to decide that her true calling is ruling over the Easternites, and give up her quest for the Iron Throne.

The Larch

Apparently the Sansa scene has created enough reaction and backlash for a women's nerd website (The Mary Sue) to formally announce that they're going to stop covering Game of Thrones.  :huh: