Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 10:41:09 AM
I liked Bronn's quip when Jaime says he will improvise, by the way. :D

Now there's a character.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

The sand snake scene did not work that well.  First, the sand snakes came off as kind of ridiculous.  Second, the length of time it took for Axeman and his posse to show up--in the middle of the Dornish capitol--was just a little too convenient.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2015, 10:50:53 AM
The sand snake scene did not work that well.  First, the sand snakes came off as kind of ridiculous.  Second, the length of time it took for Axeman and his posse to show up--in the middle of the Dornish capitol--was just a little too convenient.

Yeah. Likewise Jaime and Bronn making their way unopposed just to where Trystane and Myrcella were located looked weird. The whole scene looked rushed and it seemed like they ran out of time to show it.

The Larch

Sansa's scene could be summed up in "Lie back and think of Winterfell". It could have been worse. It was worse in the book.

Admiral Yi

Am I vegging out?  I thought only fake Sansa went to Winterfell in the book.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 18, 2015, 12:12:14 PM
Am I vegging out?  I thought only fake Sansa went to Winterfell in the book.

Fake Arya. I am not sure what The Larch is thinking about here. But there are a few Sansa chapters Martin has released out there from the next book so maybe it is from those. I tend to not read those.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

I meant the equivalent scene with the fake Arya.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 18, 2015, 12:52:36 PM
I meant the equivalent scene with the fake Arya.

Ah. Ok I gotcha.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

"Put the pen down, darling. We both know you are not writing anything." is the best line of the episode. Especially as a call back to the scene between Tywin and Olenna in season 4.  :lol:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:32:21 AM
Sadly, the Sand Snakes consistently seem to be the weakest part of the show right now, imo.

They are far from the strongest part of the books, either.  Though strong competition for that honor.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 02:50:56 PM
"Put the pen down, darling. We both know you are not writing anything." is the best line of the episode. Especially as a call back to the scene between Tywin and Olenna in season 4.  :lol:

Nah...surprised you, especially, didn't pick out the best line of the episode:

"The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2015, 03:32:28 PM

Sorry, strong bitchy divas beat cock merchants in 10 cases out of 10 in any self-respecting gay man's book.

Admiral Yi

Gotta go with Jo Jo.  Especially because Diana Riggs weanied out at the end of that scene.

Norgy

I wonder what a cock merchant's storefront looks like.  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 18, 2015, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on May 18, 2015, 03:32:28 PM

Sorry, strong bitchy divas beat cock merchants in 10 cases out of 10 in any self-respecting gay man's book.
Being gay is more about cock though. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.