News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2015, 02:23:10 AM
Yeah, the actor really inhabits that role and I like the fact that the writers made Ramsay more complex than in the books, without making him likeable.

Exactly.  he had pretty much just been a stock psychotic sadist up until this point; showing him jealous and fearful makes his cruelty human, not inhuman, and thus adds depth.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Sansa's smirk when Roose Bolton shared the good news was worth the entire episode.

Pity about Jorah Mormont. He's been one of the characters I have liked.

Josephus

So we gonna have the [spoiler]pig and female midget?[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 12, 2015, 08:55:05 AM

We can hope not.  That whole plot element was painfully bad and over-done.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

Quote from: grumbler on May 12, 2015, 08:56:36 AM

:yes:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2015, 09:33:56 AM

Easily the lowest point of the whole book series.

Berkut

Quote from: The Larch on May 12, 2015, 09:46:52 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2015, 09:33:56 AM

Easily the lowest point of the whole book series.

Very possibly.

What puzzled me about it when reading it was that it was kind of obviously crappy filler, and in a book that was years overdue and waaaaayyyyy overlong? Huh?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on May 12, 2015, 09:47:59 AM
Very possibly.

What puzzled me about it when reading it was that it was kind of obviously crappy filler, and in a book that was years overdue and waaaaayyyyy overlong? Huh?

I've hypothesized before that martin is a lazy writer who has the power and ego to keep weak editors from improving his work.  The persistence of such crappy scenes and writing is a testament to bad editing, not bad necessarily writing.  All writer include awkward or irrelevant material in their writing.  Only bad editors allow that material to make it into print.

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Watching the episode, and the "plot" Brienne put together with the locals, I can see how the entire Winterfell seems to be following the Ned Stark School of Intrigue. :P

Martinus

Also as some recapper pointed out, Ramsay and Myranda may have issues, but they work through them. :P

Martinus

I'm really loving Sansa through and through in this season. She has graduated from one of my least liked characters on the show to one of the most favourite. I just hope this is not setting her up for another "abused by a psycho" trope.

Martinus

This is probably my favourite episode this season.

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Why'd you stop posting Marty?

Norgy

Watching those who have the greyscale... it just creeps me out completely. And not a lot does that.  :ph34r:
Must be my irrational fear of reptiles.

Martinus