News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Even without tags, what Marty wrote is completely meaningless.  Maybe you should just relax?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

I didn't read the last book and I think revealing that Kevan is killed to show watchers (many of whom did not read the books) is a much bigger spoiler than saying that actors on the show said in interviews that there is a disturbing scene coming later in the season.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:47:27 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:42:07 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2015, 02:34:50 AM
He used spoiler tags(and having read them I still have no idea what he's talking about).

He did not use spoiler tags

You are a fucking liar. There were spoiler tags on all names used - the only parts that were not covered with spoiler tags were the second and the fourth part in my post (which, imo, do not really reveal that much but I covered them after your insane reaction).

As I said, grow the fuck up and fix your life and possibly seek a therapy if you react like this to something about a tv show.

Nice cropping of my comment, liar. The fact that you just edited my quote and intentionally removed the rest of it is very typical of your level of honesty.

You did NOT use spoiler tags on all the spoiler information, and the fact that you added them after I called you on it proves that even you know it was a dick move, or else you wouldn't have bothered to then tag it.

It's not like it is NOT a spoiler if you say to someone "Hey this guy named [spoiler]Ned Stark[/spoiler] is going to get executed later this season!"

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:50:23 AM
I didn't read the last book and I think revealing that Kevan is killed to show watchers (many of whom did not read the books) is a much bigger spoiler than saying that actors on the show said in interviews that there is a disturbing scene coming later in the season.

This thread, however, has consistently discussed the happening in the books as they relate to the show, so anyone reading it knows that is expected.

0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:50:23 AM

Nobody gives a shit about Kevan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2015, 02:48:41 AM
Even without tags, what Marty wrote is completely meaningless.  Maybe you should just relax?

:thumbsup:

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:50:55 AM
It's not like it is NOT a spoiler if you say to someone "Hey this guy named [spoiler]Ned Stark[/spoiler] is going to get executed later this season!"

It isn't - because people get executed in droves on this show, just as they take part in horrible events. It is almost de rigeur.

It would be a spoiler if someone said "Hey this guy [spoiler]Tyrion Lannister[/spoiler] is going to get kidnapped by aliens later this season" because the information about aliens would certainly be spoilerish and was not tagged. Getting executed is not.

Berkut

Stating that there was a major scene, similar to the biggest scene in the entire series, coming up later in the season might be meaningless to you, but it isn't to me. It means plenty.

Hopefully he is wrong, but if not, when that scene comes along, it won't be nearly as enjoyable now since it won't be any kind of surprise.

I actually ENVY people who watched the show and didn't know the Red Wedding was coming. If there is something similar to that level, I want it to come as a complete surprise. Now, it won't be.

0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:47:28 AM
Trying to then make yourself too cool for school by pretending like you know anything at all about my personal life, makes you a douchebag on top of it.

I don't know anything about your personal life and I am not pretending I do. It just boggles my mind that a grown up man with kids would react so insanely to a perceived spoiler about a tv show (even if it was a spoiler - which it wasn't) so I gotta assume there is something going on and either you are simply in need of a mental help or you must be really stressed in your life.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:56:00 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:50:55 AM

It isn't - because people get executed in droves on this show, just as they take part in horrible events. It is almost de rigeur.

It is now, it wasn't around episode five or so in season 1. That would be a dick move to tell someone, because it would lessen the impact of a great scene. When Ned is sitting there on the steps, what is going to be going through their head isn't "Wow, sure is good they made that deal..." what will be going through their head is "Oh, I know how this is going to end, because my good buddy Marty spoiled it for me! Of COURSE HE DIDN'T SAY HIS NAME SO IT DOESN'T COUNT!"

Just like you just did. Well done.

0 rows returned

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:56:19 AM

Stating that there was a major scene, similar to the biggest scene in the entire series, coming up later in the season might be meaningless to you, but it isn't to me. It means plenty.

Hopefully he is wrong, but if not, when that scene comes along, it won't be nearly as enjoyable now since it won't be any kind of surprise.

I actually ENVY people who watched the show and didn't know the Red Wedding was coming. If there is something similar to that level, I want it to come as a complete surprise. Now, it won't be.

I didn't say the scene was "similar to Red Wedding" but "Red Wedding level disturbing".

It's like you said that something is comparable to 911 in its impact - that does not mean there is a fucking plane crashing into a fucking building.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:58:40 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:47:28 AM
Trying to then make yourself too cool for school by pretending like you know anything at all about my personal life, makes you a douchebag on top of it.

I don't know anything about your personal life and I am not pretending I do. It just boggles my mind that a grown up man with kids would react so insanely to a perceived spoiler about a tv show (even if it was a spoiler - which it wasn't) so I gotta assume there is something going on and either you are simply in need of a mental help or you must be really stressed in your life.

It boggles my mind that a grown man would respond to someone making a very narrow bitch at them about a very particular topic in a specif context by immediately trying to question their personal life.

Oh wait, it doesn't boggle my mind with you, because you've done that so many times on Languish it isn't funny. You are just that kind of douchebag.

Maybe I am over-reacting to you deciding it would be fun to spoiler a show I like. Shrug.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 03:00:37 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:56:19 AM

I didn't say the scene was "similar to Red Wedding" but "Red Wedding level disturbing".

Yeah, that is called a spoiler. Asshole.

0 rows returned

Martinus

jimmy olsen

I really can't see how something that vague can be called a spoiler.

Something very important and disturbing happens at the end of every season of Game of Thrones, that ain't a damn spoiler.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point