And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on April 20, 2015, 01:50:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 13, 2015, 01:26:46 AM
So, since we are in the no book territory for Littlefinger and Sansa, any speculations where they are going?
It's shown in episode 3. It's definitely a fitting Littlefinger scheme.

Now katmai will ban you. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 20, 2015, 01:44:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 20, 2015, 09:34:03 AM
Daario Naharis but looking at it I was wrong he is in the show. So I guess you are right.

Not sure why I thought he was not present.
As mentioned, there was the recasting issue.  Add in that neither of the actors even vaguely resembled the character from the books, and you can easily be forgiven for forgetting.  Daario is still more settled than The Mountain, who seemed to change actors every appearance. :lol:

I like the new Daario. He has nice ass.

grumbler

Bron and Jamie!  Now that's a combination that should be interesting.  Bron could out-sardonic Tyrion, but he's got tougher competition now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2015, 02:03:53 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 14, 2015, 02:00:50 PM
Very roughly speaking it's one year per book.

That is what I have been going with. Except I figure books 4 and 5 cover about 1.5 years, whatever years may mean in that world with those weird seasonal patterns.
Probably the same as it does in ours, X number of days to circle the sun in one orbit.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Ok have been reading some disturbing rumours about the story later this season. [spoiler]Sophie Turner (Sansa), Iwan Rheon (Ramsay) and Alfie Alen (Theon)[/spoiler] have been teasing a [spoiler]very disturbing "Red Wedding level" scene later this season[/spoiler]. I just hope [spoiler]Sansa[/spoiler] does not become [spoiler]a stand-in for another minor character[/spoiler].  :yucky:

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Berkut

This is a thread to talk about the show that has been on, not to fucking spoil what is coming by relating what you found out is going to happen, or rumors or whatever.

I don't want to know about what is coming - this if the first fucking season where I *don't* know what is coming, even vaguely. Thanks a lot for ruining that.

I DO know that the show has been leaked, but have been very careful not to go finding out what is happening, or might be happening. Except you decided you would share it with us anyway, thanks a lot.

0 rows returned

Martinus

It is not about the shows being leaked, but interviews with actors which are posted on all fan sites, and resulting speculation. And I put all the names / details in spoiler tags.

So fuck off, you fucking asshole.

Eddie Teach

He used spoiler tags(and having read them I still have no idea what he's talking about).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2015, 02:34:18 AM
It is not about the shows being leaked, but interviews with actors which are posted on all fan sites, and resulting speculation. And I put all the names / details in spoiler tags.

So fuck off, you fucking asshole.

Right, it was so fine that you posted that that you went and decided to put spoiler tags on the stuff that I called you an asshole for - proving that you are in fact an asshole even in your own mind.

WTF, can you have just a little respect for other people? Just a smidgen? Even a token amount?

If I wanted to go read fansites with people's speculation about what they heard through the grapevine about what is coming IN NON YET RELEASED EPISODES why, I would go to those sites, now wouldn't I? I wouldn't come here were we agreed that we would NOT relay information about what is going to happen until it actually happens.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2015, 02:34:50 AM
He used spoiler tags(and having read them I still have no idea what he's talking about).

He did not use spoiler tags, at least not until after I bitched, for all of his oh so awesomeness secret information he heard from his buddies and decided he needed to tell everyone about.

And you knowing or not knowing what he is talking about isn't the point. Telling people what is coming, even in broad strokes, is fucking rude when we EXPLICITLY said we would not do that. Haha, joke is on me I guess. Good one Marty!

0 rows returned

Martinus

The spoilers were originally put on all the names I used. I then went and added further spoiler tags (which in my view were unnecessary).

And besides, when the fuck did we agree not to talk about stuff that did not yet happen in the show. On the previous page Valmy said that [spoiler]Kevan is killed by Varys[/spoiler] (or that in the book Tyrion aggressively is pressing his claim to Casterly Rock - something which he didn't even put spoiler tags on and which did not yet happen on the show for sure) yet I don't see you going fucking ballistic about it.

I don't know if things are going wrong in your personal life again, but please don't take it out on people over something you read in a thread about a fantasy tv show. Grow the fuck up.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2015, 02:42:07 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2015, 02:34:50 AM

He did not use spoiler tags

You are a fucking liar. There were spoiler tags on all names used - the only parts that were not covered with spoiler tags were the second and the fourth part in my post (which, imo, do not really reveal that much but I covered them after your insane reaction).

As I said, grow the fuck up and fix your life and possibly seek a therapy if you react like this to an information that some unspecified big thing is going to happen on a tv show.

Berkut

Kevan being killed happened in the book, and hence anyone reading the book knows about it - it is public knowledge, and we've discussed what has happened in the books all along.

Spoiling what is happening in the show, and is NOT part of the books is being a dick.

Trying to then make yourself too cool for school by pretending like you know anything at all about my personal life, makes you a douchebag on top of it.

0 rows returned