And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2014, 03:42:27 AM
Quote from: Jaron on June 05, 2014, 09:30:57 PM
Hopefully they'll try to converge Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons into a more coherent story line. If I remember right, the first half of DwD overlaps with Feast for Crows and I don't see how they could afford to remove Tyrion for an entire season.

I think if you take the speed of happenings in the first two books and apply it to the 4th and 5th, those are just one book worth of stuff, really.

I mean FFS a quarter of book 5 was about Tyrion travelling, Tolkien style.

That journey is full of action and important revelations. Those work great in a book, and I see your point that it might not work in a tv show. It was my opinion that the story really loses cohesion after Book 3, and I think the challenge for the writers will be to pull all these divergent storylines together somehow. Naturally, Tyrion is that link.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

mongers

Odd seeing Wilko Johnson in this, not someone you'd expect.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

By my count the Wildlings killed those 20 men in Castle Black about five times a piece.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2014, 12:59:54 AM
By my count the Wildlings killed those 20 men in Castle Black about five times a piece.
When Ser Alliser held his speech, there were much more than 20 guys there.

Liep

The red haired wildling takes it for most predictable final words.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on June 09, 2014, 05:45:02 AM
The red haired wildling takes it for most predictable final words.

You know nothing, Liep
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Holy awesome episode long battle batman.
Nice to see them doing this after so cheaply skipping that one where Tyrion got bonked on the head.
Much better than King's Landing was.

I was cringing and expecting those last words. And you just know the fan girls were squee-ing.

QuoteBy my count the Wildlings killed those 20 men in Castle Black about five times a piece.
Yes, there did seem to be a few too many watchmen...
I guess there were refugees from surrounding villages joining them, that was sort of shown on the episode and was there in the books to an extent iirc.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on June 09, 2014, 09:49:41 AM
Yes, there did seem to be a few too many watchmen...
I guess there were refugees from surrounding villages joining them, that was sort of shown on the episode and was there in the books to an extent iirc.

Nope, they were all Crows.  In editing they should have just cut the line about there only being 20 down below.  Or written it to be something like "there are too few to defend".   As it was there were more Crows than the less than 100 they were supposed to have defending.  But the battle scenes were well done and enjoyable to watch.  I give the episode an A.

Eddie Teach

It was pretty well done, I am just impatient to see [spoiler]Tywin get patricided[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

They shouldn't have edited out Ygritte touching Jon's face.  Changed the tone of the scene from tenderness to bitterness IMO.

mongers

What Series and episode are you guy on ?

As I've only just started and Series 1, episodes 7-8 are arriving tomorrow.  :blush:

Admiral Yi

The series is Game of Thrones.  :contract:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2014, 04:54:21 PM
The series is Game of Thrones.  :contract:

We don't tend to use season in that context.  :bowler:

But thanks anyway Grumbler.  :P

crazy canuck

iirc We are coming to the end of the fourth season.