News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on June 03, 2014, 03:13:37 AM
My guess: no sansa or littlefinger in the next season. They deal with martins inflating storylines by completing he arc as quick as possible.
I'm not so sure they can get away with having absolutely none given how important it has been this series. I think we will see a reduced amount of appearances but still something...which will be interesting as it will poke ahead of the books.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on June 03, 2014, 05:50:16 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 03, 2014, 03:13:37 AM
My guess: no sansa or littlefinger in the next season. They deal with martins inflating storylines by completing he arc as quick as possible.
I'm not so sure they can get away with having absolutely none given how important it has been this series. I think we will see a reduced amount of appearances but still something...which will be interesting as it will poke ahead of the books.

That would let Sophie Turner and Aiden Gillen do other stuff while everybody else is filming, possibly with a scene or two here or there. But basically, they reached the end of their arc in the books quicker than anybody else.

Next season we get to see the battle with mance and it's consequences adn we get to see stuff in essos. Dany was slowed down this seeason, just like jon snow, while Kings landing and Eirie was speeded up.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grinning_Colossus

There were only 3 Sansa chapters in A Feast for Crows, so we probably won't see that much of her.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 03, 2014, 11:18:26 AM
There were only 3 Sansa chapters in A Feast for Crows, so we probably won't see that much of her.

They were awesome chapters though.  I loved The Lords Declarant and how Littlefinger dealt with them.  Obviously inspired by The Lords Appellant.  Littlefinger is much smarter than Richard II.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

I started watching this a couple of nights ago, I like it, a lot.  :)

spoiler alert:

It's a pity,[spoiler] Sean Bean's character will, I guess, meet an untimely end. :([/spoiler]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

No need for spoilers for something that has already been shown on tv :)

Btw, did any of you read the latest twist in the saga?  There might be an 8th book according to GRRM' publisher...  I'm so surprised! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

He's got to finish 6 and 7 first.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on June 03, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

Next season we get to see the battle with mance and it's consequences adn we get to see stuff in essos. Dany was slowed down this seeason, just like jon snow, while Kings landing and Eirie was speeded up.
Aren't we going to see the battle with Mance next episode?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Hopefully they'll try to converge Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons into a more coherent story line. If I remember right, the first half of DwD overlaps with Feast for Crows and I don't see how they could afford to remove Tyrion for an entire season.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on June 05, 2014, 09:30:57 PM
Hopefully they'll try to converge Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons into a more coherent story line. If I remember right, the first half of DwD overlaps with Feast for Crows and I don't see how they could afford to remove Tyrion for an entire season.

I think if you take the speed of happenings in the first two books and apply it to the 4th and 5th, those are just one book worth of stuff, really.

I mean FFS a quarter of book 5 was about Tyrion travelling, Tolkien style.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2014, 03:42:27 AM

I think if you take the speed of happenings in the first two books and apply it to the 4th and 5th, those are just one book worth of stuff, really.

they were taking the hobbit to isengard, no?

Syt

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 06, 2014, 06:32:33 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2014, 03:42:27 AM

they were taking the hobbit to isengard, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 05, 2014, 08:49:13 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 03, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

Aren't we going to see the battle with Mance next episode?

I'm not sure, in the books the battle has two distinct and separate phases. It's quite possible that the set piece episode this seasons will be the first phase of hte battle with the cliff hanger being the moment before the second phase starts.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.