And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2014, 07:53:44 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 20, 2014, 07:38:56 AM
I haven't read the books but I know Tyrion isn't dead.

I do wonder how he is going to survive this.

Without really spoiling anything, it involves looking for whores, nearly getting eaten by lions, being sold into slavery, short range crossbow marksmanship, getting hideously drunk, getting abducted at a whore house and, rather bizarrely making a friend who likes him for who he is not what he is. 

Edit: apart from spoiling the fact that he survives, obviously...
Edit2: or I'm pulling your leg.

You forgot swimming and pig-riding.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Liep

To all you Sansa haters out there.  :blurgh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on June 02, 2014, 06:09:37 AM

The Sansa of the show is more confident and able than the Sansa of the books.  Especially in the scene before the inquisitors.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 02, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

The Sansa of the show is more confident and able than the Sansa of the books.  Especially in the scene before the inquisitors.

Haters gonna hate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2014, 11:16:08 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 02, 2014, 11:15:26 AM

Haters gonna hate.

What part of that is inaccurate?

Grey Fox

Wow, 5 minutes of non-boring footage with Sansa in 4 years and ~38hours of actual showtime.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Was her hair dyed dark in last scene?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

The scene with the feathers was the best she's looked.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: Habbaku on June 02, 2014, 11:08:38 PM
Oddly hott, you mean.
That too. I've long suspected as much and felt bad for it.
But very.... Blunt.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

My guess: no sansa or littlefinger in the next season. They deal with martins inflating storylines by completing he arc as quick as possible.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

Quote from: Viking on June 03, 2014, 03:13:37 AM
My guess: no sansa or littlefinger in the next season. They deal with martins inflating storylines by completing he arc as quick as possible.

Yeah. The books have been quite obviously heading in the direction we got a glimpse at in the latest episode (Sansa growing up and showing her fangs on the side of Littlefinger). They are just allocating less time to it on TV.

Which is all ok. Martin has been too obviously cashing in on the series success with the last two books. The pace in those became glacial compared to the first 3.