News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Littlefinger is being portrayed very villainy. Not that he isn't, or wasn't intended as such, but you can almost see him twirl him moustache as he walks into a scene.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on May 19, 2014, 08:32:14 PM
Littlefinger is being portrayed very villainy. Not that he isn't, or wasn't intended as such, but you can almost see him twirl him moustache as he walks into a scene.

Yes.  In a visual medium you have to say as much as possible visually.  He'd not get by in "real life" being so obviously slimey.  The show may have overdone it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2014, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2014, 07:41:52 AM
Yeah, read that the other day. I recall back in the time of series 1 a lot of people were calling for her to be cast as Asha. I guess they expected that scene not to make it through intact.

Hot Pie is my new hero.

Well, if Brienne had been Aemory Lorch or Adam Marbrand instead he would have been a filthy betrayer of virtuous Starks.
I was thinking more about his speech about making pie right :p
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
Sophie Turner's audition

Sophie Turner today

however, I still can't think of her as anything but Sansa with all the crying and mumbling and fear. She needs to un-typecast herself before I can legitimately perv her.

She's in an action-comedy with Jessica Alba, Samuel L. Jackson and the girl from True Grit that opens in september. It's about a teenage assassin that goes undercover in a suburban high school or something like that. Maybe that'll help.

Liep

Last young red haired actress I saw in a high school comedy did very well for herself.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2014, 04:20:27 AM
Last young red haired actress I saw in a high school comedy did very well for herself.

Lindsay Lohan?  :P

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2014, 04:20:27 AM

which one?

?

?

anyways, Sophie isn't a red-head. 

(anyways, why is Mary Jane always played by a blonde and gwen stacy always played by a red head in spider man movies?)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

The first one, is the second something one should watch? (In Viking's response :P)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Quote from: Habbaku on May 19, 2014, 08:18:22 PM
Last night's episode was one of the best of the entire show.  Aidan Gillen killed it in the scene with Lysa.

His Littlefinger character is one of the more sinister ones I have seen.

Eddie Teach

It's ok as far as sitcoms about teenagers go. Nothing special.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 20, 2014, 05:10:46 AM
It's ok as far as sitcoms about teenagers go. Nothing special.

Best review of Game of Thrones ever.

Viking

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2014, 04:43:14 AM
The first one, is the second something one should watch? (In Viking's response :P)

I wouldn't watch the second one.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Emma Stone is actually blonde.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2014, 06:30:27 AM
Emma Stone is actually blonde.

I double checked and, yes you are are right.

KRonn

Good show this week, as usual of course. Tyrion continues to impress, as he does in the books. Dinklage does such a great job with the role. I was waiting for Littlefinger's scene with Lyssa. I think he says that Lyssa jumped or something, but I think in the books he had a couple witnesses who he coerced to coroborate his story? Sansa and another person, the bard. Sansa is still the very naive girl, even while all the nastiness has gone on around her. Kind of cool how Cersei just nonchalantly walked over the dead and addressed  the "Mountain" Gregor Clegane so casually. I'm really liking the Hound, the tough but not so crazed Clegane brother, liked him in the books too. The actor playing him does a good job. And it's always fun seeing Arya go through her paces.