Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 19, 2014, 04:24:30 PM
So it's okay now to perv over Sansa?

The actress is 18, so... :perv:

Josephus

Quote from: Queequeg on May 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
Littlefinger killing his wife is my favorite moment in the entire series and they fucked it up by not having the bard there.

the bard named after my favourite band.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on May 19, 2014, 04:18:12 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
Littlefinger killing his wife is my favorite moment in the entire series and they fucked it up by not having the bard there.

What's the point of the bard being there in the show? We'll get to see next week how LF weasels out of it in some different way.
:yes: Not having an extraneous actor saves money.  That's the kind of change shows have to make. I have to admit that I am looking forward to seeing what the writers come up with for Littlefinger's alibi.

The conversation between Tyrion and Jaime pretty much demolishes the last of the "dumbed down" accusation. 

I have to agree with Yi that Sansa isn't nearly so good in the looks department as everyone in the show claims.  Sophie Turner's fine in the role, but the makeup leaves her looking far too washed-out to be all that attractive.  She looks much better in her off-screen appearances (except when made up for GoT events).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 19, 2014, 03:34:40 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2014, 07:32:30 AM
She has the look for Asha

Not butch enough.

she is described in ACOK chapter 24 she is described as being

QuoteAsha is lean and long-legged, with short black hair and a sharp nose in a thin face

Lilly doesn't quite have the sharp nose, but apart from that she fits the description.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 04:27:08 PM
Why would you want to? :yucky:

I agree.

Sophie Turner is a handsome young lady, but I find it hard to perv over since her character is so constantly sad and depressed I find it uncomfortable to muster the enthusiasm.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

Sophie Turner has gained face+chin fat the past two years.

Viking

Sophie Turner's audition

Sophie Turner today

however, I still can't think of her as anything but Sansa with all the crying and mumbling and fear. She needs to un-typecast herself before I can legitimately perv her.

Viking

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2014, 07:32:04 PM
Sophie Turner's audition

Man, the audience and the producers really got gypped.  :(

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 07:49:53 PM

How so? I think Sansa has been well acted and Turner has managed to act both Sansa and Sansa acting for the benefit of others.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on May 19, 2014, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 19, 2014, 07:49:53 PM

How so? I think Sansa has been well acted and Turner has managed to act both Sansa and Sansa acting for the benefit of others.

I think he's saying her elbows are pointy on the show.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Compared to how smooth they were earlier?  hell yeah.

Habbaku

Last night's episode was one of the best of the entire show.  Aidan Gillen killed it in the scene with Lysa.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive