News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

[spoiler]I thought it was his intention to release the hounds that got her on the run, and that Reek obviously was not who she remembered.[/spoiler]
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jaron

Last week's episode was weak.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Quote from: Liep on May 17, 2014, 11:34:30 AM
[spoiler]I thought it was his intention to release the hounds that got her on the run, and that Reek obviously was not who she remembered.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ya, I think it was the dogs that made her change her mind. plus, it was only a matter of time until more guards arrived. it was a quick strike operation that went bad because her brother is now broken. it was time to cut and run[/spoiler]
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

:huh:[spoiler]A Viking chick soiled her panties over some dogs??[/spoiler]

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 17, 2014, 12:33:28 PM
:huh:[spoiler]A Viking chick soiled her panties over some dogs??[/spoiler]
Why are you spoiler-marking this discussion?  this episode has already aired.

Viking chick leaves because she cannot accomplish her mission.  She wanted to free her brother, but can't do it because he resists being freed, and to drag him out with guards and vicious dogs attacking them from all sides isn't possible.  Besides, the assumption that she would be rescuing her brother was obviously wrong; whatever that thing in the cage was, it wasn't a prince of the Ironborn.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on May 17, 2014, 11:37:09 AM
Last week's episode was weak.

It was a transitional episode between one set of violent episodes and another.  More yak-yak than hack-hack, but you need both types of episodes.  I think the reveal about Jon Arryn's death and the letter to Catelyn probably made this ep more worthwhile to non-readers of the books than to those who already knew about this.  I know my students who hadn't read the books were blown away upon discovering that everything they thought they knew about why Ned Stark died was wrong.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

I'm actually wondering how well most viewers caught the Jon Arryn comment. His name wasn't mentioned since season 1 (?) and in the episode the reveal was made in a very quick and offhand manner in between all the other Lysa craziness and everything else.

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on May 17, 2014, 04:55:03 PM
I'm actually wondering how well most viewers caught the Jon Arryn comment. His name wasn't mentioned since season 1 (?) and in the episode the reveal was made in a very quick and offhand manner in between all the other Lysa craziness and everything else.

A good point.  I'll have to ask if they actually caught that at the time, or just after someone (maybe online) said something about it.  It still was a nice moment in the episode, I thought.  Kinda blows away the "dumbed down" accusation about the show, though, to bring such a key point in so tangentially.

Bayraktar!

Viking

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/news/world-news/item/120619-lily-allen-said-no-to-game-of-thrones

QuoteLily Allen said 'no' to Game of Thrones

Pop sensation Lily Allen has revealed that she turned down a role in TV show Game Of Thrones because it involved her getting a bit too close for comfort to brother Alfie.

During an Ask Me Anything session for Reddit the singer said that she was approached about playing princess Yara Greyjoy.

However, she said no to the role because the scenes involved too much incest.

Lily's brother Alfie Allen, who has been on the show from the start, plays Theon Greyjoy in the hit fantasy series. Brit actress Gemma Whelan plays the part of Yara.

Lily said: "I've been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo. They asked me if I'd be interested in playing Theon's sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and ****.

"Once they told me what it entailed, I said no thanks."

Allen, who recently released new album Sheezus, has said that she would consider another role on the show if offered one.

The pop star, who said she is very proud of her "gifted" brother, said she would love to do a musical cameo like Sigur Ros.

Icelandic band Sigur Ros appeared last year in an episode of TV show The Simpsons which was set in their home country.

Coincidentally, some of Game of Thrones is filmed in Iceland.

She has the look for Asha

Apprently their (alfie and lilly's) father is also a working actor, and has the look of Balon Greyjoy too

That would have been.. eh... uncomfortable? creepy? just plain weird? (assuming of course she is competent as an actor)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Yeah, read that the other day. I recall back in the time of series 1 a lot of people were calling for her to be cast as Asha. I guess they expected that scene not to make it through intact.

Hot Pie is my new hero.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on May 19, 2014, 07:41:52 AM
Yeah, read that the other day. I recall back in the time of series 1 a lot of people were calling for her to be cast as Asha. I guess they expected that scene not to make it through intact.

Hot Pie is my new hero.

Well, if Brienne had been Aemory Lorch or Adam Marbrand instead he would have been a filthy betrayer of virtuous Starks.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Littlefinger killing his wife is my favorite moment in the entire series and they fucked it up by not having the bard there. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Larch

Quote from: Queequeg on May 19, 2014, 04:10:23 PM
Littlefinger killing his wife is my favorite moment in the entire series and they fucked it up by not having the bard there.

What's the point of the bard being there in the show? We'll get to see next week how LF weasels out of it in some different way.

Liep

So it's okay now to perv over Sansa?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk