News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2014, 09:11:25 PM
Jack Gleeson will be an awesome theater actor when he gets over this "I want to study" mood.

Once he realizes there's no money in being clever, he'll go back to playing roles written for him.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 14, 2014, 09:39:32 PM
Plus, he made it clear that he was being bratty to get revenge on those who'd pushed him around for so long. 

You make it sound like he's got halfway legitimate grievances. What did Sansa Stark do to push him around? Joffrey is a monster, not merely a spoiled child.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 04:33:01 PM
Some site reported that he just didn't find acting "fun" anymore. Star as an evil and cruel boy king with millions of nerds with various social impediments and mental health problems watching, and you would want to become a student or just about anything that makes you less of an attraction to those.
Poor lad. Destroyed by one part.

Some people just find they don't like acting.  The chick from the Wonder Years got a degree in mathematics and never went back to acting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2014, 09:54:59 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 14, 2014, 09:39:32 PM
Plus, he made it clear that he was being bratty to get revenge on those who'd pushed him around for so long. 
You make it sound like he's got halfway legitimate grievances. What did Sansa Stark do to push him around? Joffrey is a monster, not merely a spoiled child.
I think he's taking out his hatred of all things Stark on her.  Her sister humiliated him, her mother insulted his family, her father tried to say that he was an illegitimate monster and her older brother rebelled against him and proceeded to make him look weak.  Sansa was a convenient target for his wrath, as nobody (except for occasionally his uncle/her husband) would stand up for her.  Sure, it's monstrous and unreasonable, but it would make sense to Joffrey.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 11:05:17 PM
Some site reported that he just didn't find acting "fun" anymore. Star as an evil and cruel boy king with millions of nerds with various social impediments and mental health problems watching, and you would want to become a student or just about anything that makes you less of an attraction to those.

Some people just find they don't like acting.  The chick from the Wonder Years got a degree in mathematics and never went back to acting.

The love interest? She was  :blush:

The Larch

Apparently the band playing at the wedding that get coins thrown at them were Sigur Ros.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2014, 11:05:17 PM

Such a great show.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

I just love Daenerys :)
I think, of all the characters, she's the one that got the most evolution so far, and in the books, she's close second to Arya.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

This episode does a good job of establishing that Jaime and the Hound are not actually nice people.

Josquius

Tommen was recast ey? I thought so.
I'm really not sure about this kid. Aging up the other characters...yeah, it works. But Tommen....the whole thing about him in the books is he was a lovely innocent little kid who just wanted to play with his cats and would be nothing but a pawn. Here he's a teenager, you'd think someone that age would be a bit more forthright.
And I suppose it puts a different spin on his relationship with Margery...she can control him not because she controls the supply of kittens and candy but because she controls the boobs.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Just found out the Hound is the "Yarp" guy from Hot Fuzz. The illusion as been shattered, I can't look at the hound the same way again.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Remembering things from Hot Fuzz...:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Fortunately, I don't remember the movie at all, so my image of the Hound is untouched.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?