News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

He was cast very well for the part.  But I am not sure how many more roles he could get.  Probably a good call to pursue other opportunities and work himself up to CEO of a major multinational where he could put all the experience of people hating him to good use.

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on April 14, 2014, 04:29:25 PM
I think he may have decided to quit after being assaulted in the street by people who hate him as much as Joffrey.

I have my doubts.  He is actually likeable when not acting as Joffrey.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Some site reported that he just didn't find acting "fun" anymore. Star as an evil and cruel boy king with millions of nerds with various social impediments and mental health problems watching, and you would want to become a student or just about anything that makes you less of an attraction to those.
Poor lad. Destroyed by one part.

Queequeg

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 04:33:01 PM
Some site reported that he just didn't find acting "fun" anymore. Star as an evil and cruel boy king with millions of nerds with various social impediments and mental health problems watching, and you would want to become a student or just about anything that makes you less of an attraction to those.
Poor lad. Destroyed by one part.
What are you talking about?  Everyone watches GoT, not just nerds. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Norgy

Yes, people are watching it. The nerds are taking it seriously.
People care about stuff, you make it your single subject, youth.
How's your Byzantium boner nowadays?

grumbler

Jack Gleeson will get more roles.  He more than held his own in a powerful cast with a difficult role.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2014, 05:26:05 PM

It was more of a Russian boner most recently, I don't know what he has switched to. :D

Norgy

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

It was more of a Russian boner most recently, I don't know what he has switched to. :D

Apparently; Zoroastrianism and other obscure religions. You've got to love Spellus. Always on the side of something. Preferably something that most people don't give a toss about.
Someone should hook him up with an Armenian girl.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on April 14, 2014, 05:39:34 PM
Jack Gleeson will get more roles.  He more than held his own in a powerful cast with a difficult role.

Why do you think it was difficult?   He was asked to play the part of a spoiled brat.  He did that very well but it was a one dimensional character.  There was no requirement for him to show a range of emotion.

Liep

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

Why do you think it was difficult?   He was asked to play the part of a spoiled brat.  He did that very well but it was a one dimensional character.  There was no requirement for him to show a range of emotion.

Going from spoiled to psychopathic to cruel to defeated (by sometimes by Dance and sometimes Dinklage) back to spoiled is a range.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: Liep on April 14, 2014, 06:20:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 14, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

Going from spoiled to psychopathic to cruel to defeated (by sometimes by Dance and sometimes Dinklage) back to spoiled is a range.

Being a psychopath was always part of the character.  It was what made him so charming...  But I  take your point about the scenes where he had to act hurt and even humiliated.

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on April 14, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

My Byzantine and Russian boners are nonexclusive. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Some okay dialogue, but mostly boring episode. Some disjointed scene insertions include Bran at the tree, and the Shae drama is just wooden.

Very romantic here though: :wub:

Grey Fox

Jack Gleeson will be an awesome theater actor when he gets over this "I want to study" mood.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Liep on April 14, 2014, 06:20:22 PM
Plus, he made it clear that he was being bratty to get revenge on those who'd pushed him around for so long.  I think a character like that - he's not a straight bad guy, like Dance plays (that's the easy role, IMO) - is hard to play believably.  And Gleeson was very believable.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!