News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

What is?  The switch to a necklace isn't that big a deal, but the same people are involved...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on April 14, 2014, 10:01:47 AM
What is?  The switch to a necklace isn't that big a deal, but the same people are involved...

I thought in the book [spoiler]Littlefinger arranged it through the drunk fool and one of the Kettlebacks[/spoiler].  I don't remember the old hag having a role.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 14, 2014, 10:04:15 AM
I thought in the book [spoiler]Littlefinger arranged it through the drunk fool and one of the Kettlebacks[/spoiler].  I don't remember the old hag having a role.

You remember wrong.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Funny, I remember the same about Littlefinger, him taking credit for this.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

He planned it, but the QoT did the actual deed. I'm sure he'll pop up in the next episode.

Grey Fox

Ah, LF. The real power in Westeros.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on April 14, 2014, 11:33:14 AM
Funny, I remember the same about Littlefinger, him taking credit for this.
[spoiler]They were in on it together.  Baelish provided the poison and smuggled it in (on Sansa), while Olenna did the actual poisoning.[/spoiler]
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Yeah, the who done it part has just started.  I hope they do a good job with the how and who in the coming episodes. It is a critical part of the Imp's story line.  I expect great things. :)

Solmyr

Solmyr

Incidentally, I totally failed to associate the new kid they were showing in this episode with Tommen. I kept wondering who the hell this was... At least with Daario I knew of the recast beforehand.

KRonn

I was waiting for this to happen to , the nasty and cruel King Joffrey.

The kid playing Joffrey did an outstanding job with the role!   :showoff:

Solmyr

Incidentally, he's quitting acting to study now.

Norgy

Quote from: KRonn on April 14, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
I was waiting for this to happen to , the nasty and cruel King Joffrey.

The kid playing Joffrey did an outstanding job with the role!   :showoff:

Apparently, he wants to quit acting now. But, yeah, he was rather convincingly cruel.

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on April 14, 2014, 02:00:49 PM

Heh wow is he going to regret this decision.  Ah well.  Glad he stuck it out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2014, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 14, 2014, 02:00:49 PM

Heh wow is he going to regret this decision.  Ah well.  Glad he stuck it out.

I think he may have decided to quit after being assaulted in the street by people who hate him as much as Joffrey.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.