And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2014, 06:56:04 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 08, 2014, 06:33:08 AM
Seeing Araya actually kill was quite disturbing. They make Maisie look so young.
Maisie Williams is a young looking 16. Sophie Turner is an older looking 18. Those two are really young.
That said, my wife mentioned that they were having to work hard costuming to maintain a similar look for Arya, on account of the actress starting to show some curves.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Unless Maisie Williams undergoes a late growth spur I don't really think she's going to be so curvaceous that the show will have problems with Arya's depiction. She's already 16 and still looks appropriately tomboyish.

Josquius

The problem I have with Oberyn is whether or not (probably not) they will give the other Dornish a similar acccent.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on April 08, 2014, 11:14:03 AM
The problem I have with Oberyn is whether or not (probably not) they will give the other Dornish a similar acccent.

Both the Dornishman Tyrion talked to when the retinue arrived at King's Landing and Oberyn's paramour had a weird accent, although I didn't listen enough to it to see if it was consistent with Oberyn's own.

Admiral Yi

Were they Dornishmen boys or Dornishmen girls?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2014, 11:26:12 AM
Were they Dornishmen boys or Dornishmen girls?

Ellaria Sand, Oberyn's paramour, is Dornish.

Habbaku

Funny, she doesn't look Dornish.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Some of my best friends are Dornish.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on April 08, 2014, 11:33:11 AM
Funny, she doesn't look Dornish.

Well apparently these are the Spanish Dornish, they can look a little different.
I think she could pass.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Record Ratings! :w00t:

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/04/game-of-thrones-season-4-premieres-to-record-ratings/
QuoteReturning to an initial viewing of 6.6 million, and ending the night at 8.2 million after two replays, Two Swords marks HBO's biggest episode of television since The Sopranos' series finale in 2007.

Renewed for seasons 5 & 6! :w00t:
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/04/game-of-thrones-renewed-for-seasons-five-and-six/
QuoteHBO has renewed GAME OF THRONES for a fifth and sixth season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

I wonder how many seasons there are going to be.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 08, 2014, 09:35:28 PM
I wonder how many seasons there are going to be.

8 or 9 I would venture.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

They've said eight I believe.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 08, 2014, 09:38:55 PM
They've said eight I believe.

Eight eh?  The final victory of the Griffon will come sooner than I thought. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."