News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Last night I caught the episode wherein Love Actually Boy meets up with Cripple Boy and Eyebrow Lady.  Good episode, a lot of plot development.

viper37

Eyebrow lady being her:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Osha

Cripple boys behing him:
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bran_Stark

But "Love actually boy", who the fuck is that??
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Check out the handy reference guide on page 288 default.

The kid who shows up in Cripple Boy's dreams and Yoda's him up on his warg powers.

The Larch

Siege

This is how the Iron Throne should look according to Martin:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

From Martin:

""This Iron Throne [I imagine] is massive," Martin wrote on his blog last night. "Ugly. Asymmetric. It's a throne made by blacksmiths hammering together half-melted, broken, twisted swords, wrenched from the hands of dead men or yielded up by defeated foes... a symbol of conquest."

In the story of "Game of Thrones," the iron throne was forged from thousands of swords of Aegon "The Conqueror" Targaryen's fallen opponents, melted by down by dragon fire and melded together to create a cold, frightening and uncomfortable seat for the ruler of the fictional Seven Kingdoms that sits in the Red Keep.

"Yes, I know, that title ['The Real Iron Throne'] is a bit of an oxymoron," Martin wrote. "There is no real Iron Throne. It doesn't exist. I made it up. I said it was made of melted swords, but really, it was made of words, like all such fictional constructs.

Ah, but it's real to me. That's part of what it means to be a writer. If you don't know what I'm getting at there, go read my old short story, 'Portraits of His Children.' When I write about the Iron Throne, I SEE it in my head... and I try to describe it as best I can. Not being a blacksmith or an ironmonger, however, I hammer it together with words, striving to make all of you, my readers, see what I see."

He went on to say that HBO's version of the iron throne "is more real than [his] could ever be," and even though the set piece is not really made out of iron (nor is it uncomfortable to the actors, though it is meant to be in the story), the "real" iron throne he imagined looks more like artist Marc Simonetti's piece, depicting King Joffrey sitting on the terrifying chair, flanked by his guards.

"It's a rough, not a final version, so what you see in the book will be more polished," Martin wrote. "But Marc has come closer here to capturing the Iron Throne as I picture it than any other artist to tackle it. From now on, THIS will be the reference I give to every other artist tackling a throne room scene."

Sophie Scholl

Actress Indira Varma (:wub:) has been cast in season four. Varma will play Ellaria Sand on the show, the sexually adventurous paramour of a key new character, Prince Oberyn Martell "The Red Viper" (played by Pedro Pascal).

Since playing Niobe on HBO's Rome, Varma has had roles on Fox's Human Target along with UK dramas Silk and Hunted. Last year, the production added fellow Rome actor Ciarán Hinds.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/game-of-thrones-rome-actress/
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Phillip V

Maximus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 25, 2013, 02:50:18 PM
Actress Indira Varma (:wub:) has been cast in season four. Varma will play Ellaria Sand on the show, the sexually adventurous paramour of a key new character, Prince Oberyn Martell "The Red Viper" (played by Pedro Pascal).

Since playing Niobe on HBO's Rome, Varma has had roles on Fox's Human Target along with UK dramas Silk and Hunted. Last year, the production added fellow Rome actor Ciarán Hinds.

[spoiler]Oberyn Martell is a key character? Does that mean he is not immediately killed by the Mountain?[/spoiler]

Josquius

Quote from: Maximus on July 25, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

[spoiler]Oberyn Martell is a key character? Does that mean he is not immediately killed by the Mountain?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I guess they're gonna set him up as a major character so people are surprised when things go wrong in the duel. [/spoiler]
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on July 26, 2013, 06:01:45 AM
Quote from: Maximus on July 25, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

[spoiler]I guess they're gonna set him up as a major character so people are surprised when things go wrong in the duel. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]They killed mah niggah Oberyn![/spoiler]
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

I'm confused, isn't Elaria Sand one of the Sand snakes, the daughters of oberyn?

The Larch

Quote from: Siege on July 28, 2013, 06:51:39 PMI'm confused, isn't Elaria Sand one of the Sand snakes, the daughters of oberyn?

No, she's Oberyn's lover and mother of the four youngest Sand snakes.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011